Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pension Plan

Management 101 -

1) Offer your employees an incredible pension plan that is not collectable until 20 years of service. This is the carrot.

2) Never allow any employee to actually collect on this incredible pension plan either thru firing the employee just shy of 20 years service, or thru bankruptcy court proceedings. This is the stick.

9th year pay on the 7 and 7 is 115k. Add 13% for OT, after midnights and holiday pay, you can get to 130K on the 7 & 7 quite easily.

13%?! Is anyone really getting that these days? In the last year I was there, 2009, I got less than 5%. I expect everyone there will be getting more OT this Winter season.
My current OT percentage is a steady 0% due to the "right-sizing" program currently in place, but I'm hoping for some change on that ... some day. :rolleyes:

+1 Jack. 13% is a pipe dream. I haven't done an extended day in over a year and homey won't be getting paid holiday, hourly, etc. even AFTER November.

Well, I do write that with humor in mind, since I'm one of the joint 575 or so on the outs. We're all in the same leaky boat. :)
Best of luck to you. It certainly do suck.

I'm on the 15 day. Simple reason - the least amount of days I can work. If they had a 12 day schedule, I'd bid it. As I said earlier - quality of life is my main goal.

Added to the 15 day base salary, I've had 3 holidays this year, 2.5 K in overtime and a double after-midnight due to the grand and glorious puhbahs in scheduling. (That one bought a John Deere mower and a shed)

I'm figuring the NetJets average will be about 7-10% over base due to overtime and holiday. Most 7 & 7 lines have 4 or 5 holidays. That's roughly 4% with that alone.

OK, when Holidays are taken into account, that does change things. I was talking only about OT and the occasional after midnight CHA-CHING.

Gut-
Assuming you are on the NJI side, I thought you had a choice of what pay scheme you are on. Sounds like you make more with your choice, which I cannot fault you for. I would do the same. More coin is always good, notwithstanding the whole no one should be volunteering until we are all back on the property thing. So I'm sure you're not complaining about your not getting holiday, hourly, etc. ;)

+1 Jack. 13% is a pipe dream. I haven't done an extended day in over a year and homey won't be getting paid holiday, hourly, etc. even AFTER November.

I'm confused. As far as I know the LOAs, while allowing you to keep your higher base pay, do not exclude you from O/T, holiday, after midnight etc as prescribed in the contract. Am I missing something?

Latest resources

Back