Does Flex pay as well as NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NCherches

Seems like the Flex pay scale is up there with NetJets... is that true?

In less than a month, I'll cross over the 9 year mark for pay. My daily rate is $704.13. In real dollars, I'll bring in around $135-140K on my W-2 this year.

On Airline Pilot Central, it shows the daily rate for 9 year FlexJet guys at either $650 (Challenger) or $616 (Lear)

That looks like less pay to me. Of course, if someone chose to work 275 days a year, they would make more than me. That's ok though, I prefer time off with a comfortable lifestyle.

What's the benefits package like over there?

Do they have to pay for their insurance?

What's their 401K like? How much does the company match?

Do they get per diem AND crew food whenever they're on duty?

Do they offer loss of medical insurance?

How about a Hyatt legal plan?

What type of life insurance do they offer?

Do they stay at quality hotels such as Hiltons, Marriotts, and Hyatts while being able to retain their points for their stays?

What is their uniform allowance?

Does their company allow the crew members to book personal travel using the company's discounts?

I ask these because I don't know the answers to them. There's no attack there. Just interested in comparing the two sides to get a real picture as to the entire "compensation package."

They have a Pension plan
Only to current employees who chose to continue with the pension. It is no longer offered to that mythical being of a time long past called a "new hire".

In the end a netjet pilots w-2 will have bigger numbers than a flex pilots.

Only to current employees who chose to continue with the pension. It is no longer offered to that mythical being of a time long past called a "new hire".

In the end a netjet pilots w-2 will have bigger numbers than a flex pilots.
What did they replace the pension to new hires with? Had to have been something.

They contribute a lot more to your 401k. I believe they still match 100% up to 6%, maybe a little more, plus an additional 2-4% based on a few variables.

Everyone can contribute up to $16,500 to their 401k this year I think. Beyond that, I stayed in the pension plan. I also contribute $1,000/paycheck to a regular investment fund because you should have some post tax $$ invested as well. I don't know off hand what my daily rate is, but when I finally upgrade I will kick in a little more to the post tax kitty.

Everyone can contribute up to $16,500 to their 401k this year I think. Beyond that, I stayed in the pension plan. I also contribute $1,000/paycheck to a regular investment fund because you should have some post tax $$ invested as well. I don't know off hand what my daily rate is, but when I finally upgrade I will kick in a little more to the post tax kitty.

Wow, $1000 is a good chunk of change to invest every two weeks. That's awesome.

Latest resources

Back