• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does Flex pay as well as NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah one thing you can do at Flexjet that you can't do at Netjets is get a 12 day line. You can also work 17 days as well. I don't know what the point is about getting into a pi$$ing match about pay. We do make more than Netjets but its because our yield is higher. In the end, our w2's will be higher but; the immediate Netjet response is, "yeah but our daily rate is higher." So, my point is that we all make decent money. All I care about in the end is how much time I can spend at home and last year I was home for 209 days. My bet is no one at Netjets can do that in their schedule.

Yeah one thing you can do at Flexjet that you can't do at Netjets is get a 12 day line. You can also work 17 days as well. I don't know what the point is about getting into a pi$$ing match about pay. We do make more than Netjets but its because our yield is higher. In the end, our w2's will be higher but; the immediate Netjet response is, "yeah but our daily rate is higher." So, my point is that we all make decent money. All I care about in the end is how much time I can spend at home and last year I was home for 209 days. My bet is no one at Netjets can do that in their schedule.

You're right. I can't do 209 nights home on my schedule. It's more like 235. And that doesn't count the layovers in my home city (a popular destination for us all) when I slept in my own bed instead of a hotel.

Just in case Art wants proof.

7 and 7 schedule = 26 possible tours a year.

Minus 4 tours for vacation = 22 tours a year.

22 tours times 6 nights in a hotel = 132

Two tours are training and are only 5 nights in a hotel = 130

365 - 130 = 235

For giggles, I went back and looked at mid-tour layovers at home. I'm at 3 so far this year which is way down from years past (thanks in part to the Bungler-in-Chief and his idiotic comments about my domicile).

Hey Gutshot,

For the record, I wasn't even including vacations so go ahead and add 24 days to my number and tell me what it is.... Oh wait, you're including training too?? Then add another 8 days to that number.... Isn't that like 241?? I mean, if we use your standards...

Are bath houses wrong???

Last edited:
Are bath houses wrong???

Yes.

As for NJ pay vs Flex...I think overall NJ guys will earn more for the same amount of work.

Both are good places to be and honestly I'm not tripping over dollars to pick up pennies.

Of course at flex we dont ever have to worry about flying a citation. That in and of itself is worth at least 30%;)

What's the point of the discussion anyway. NO ONE's hiring and you'd be a fool to quit either gig now and expect to be paid nearly as well for relatively decent work as we get to do regardless of the color of your tie.

I am however getting my arse kicked with scheduling. They can't start bringing guys back soon enough if the view from my seat counts for anything. Busy season's going to be ca-ray-zay.

Latest resources

Back