• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL/NWA Seniority List Integration Arbitration starts TODAY...article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess that's why they are upgrading the engines on them--to park them.

Or sell them. Then again, maybe our EVP of Ops and Pres of Tech Ops were mistaken.:rolleyes:

.. This fact is alluded to strongly in a Q&A with EVP Ops and Pres of tech Ops. ..

Strongly alluded facts, and in a Q&A no less! If we check YouTube can we see a video of those alluded facts!? (My apologies, no disrespect is meant to you personally).

Its just such a disappointment that ALPA (national?? union) devolved itself to an impotent and useless merger policy that is so impotent it cannot even defend itself against "strongly alluded facts in a Q&A"... and repeated third or forth hand on a message board to boot.

Harbor no illusions, ALPA merger policy is exactly that powerless.

I hear you and agree. Unfortunately, it is as bad as it looks....

And the 787's, which were the saving grace for NWA pilot jobs (they were supposed to start flying them this month!), won't be here for at least 2 more years!

Check out Day 2 of the testimony. It's unbelievable how much their DC-9 time has already dropped. The witness goes through about 2 dozen different routes to illustrate how the RJ's have taken over.

To be fair, that same thing has happened at DAL and other carriers over the years....but not at such a fast rate. And for the NWA pilots, the timing couldn't be worse!

Both fleets at DAL (narrow and wide body) are expanding right now....that is a fact.

NWA's narrow body fleet is shrinking fast....that is a fact.

NWA's 747-200's are at best shrinking....worst case scenario, going away. That isn't necessarily fact, but it sure looks that way.

Whichever way this thing goes, we'll know something soon. I'm just glad I don't have to argue their case in all of this.

And I wish I had a copy of that cool video they showed with the teary eyed NW pilot talking about his love of the whale.

Sadly (for them), I think that video is all they got...

Abe

So i can tell you know quite a bit about arbitrations,

Turtle21 (disgruntled USAirways East pilot):

I gotta ask what's your point on this thread. Everybody knows you hate ALPA Merger Policy because you didn't get the integration you wanted. But what use is it repeating how much you hate when they've already made their decisions?

With full knowledge of what came to pass with USA/AWA the DAL and NW pilots agreed to settle their seniority through a binding arbitration panel. This is their way of telling you and all USAirways pilots that they're still interested in fairness rather than the tryanny of the majority. You just can't seem to hear it.

Scope is a dope

Turtle21 (disgruntled USAirways East pilot):

I gotta ask what's your point on this thread. Everybody knows you hate ALPA Merger Policy because you didn't get the integration you wanted. But what use is it repeating how much you hate when they've already made their decisions?

With full knowledge of what came to pass with USA/AWA the DAL and NW pilots agreed to settle their seniority through a binding arbitration panel. This is their way of telling you and all USAirways pilots that they're still interested in fairness rather than the tryanny of the majority. You just can't seem to hear it.

Disgruntled? Hardly. I am rather content as I never worked for the wonderful ALPA carrier called TWA. And by the way it was a wonderful carrier in spite of ALPA. I haven't been screwed enough yet to be disgruntled. And besides I don't pay money to ALPA] so how can I be disgruntled? :laugh:

As to the DAL/NWA "message" to "you and all USAir pilots"...

LOL! What center-of-the-earth, selfish perspective is necessary to think DAL/NWA has any intention of using their merger to send a message to "disgruntled pilots" at USAir. Its sorta ironic that it wasn't an East pilot who conjured up the thought that the NWA/DAL merger is "all about what they are doing for me."

Frankly it is a real shame that ALPA gets paid while they watch the next seniority train-wreck. But if that weren't enough, others suggest the SLI process isn't about obtaining a fair and equitable seniority list for DAL/NWA.. but instead its all about sending a message to console disgruntled pilots who got fed to AA by ALPA.

Turtle: I noticed you avoided answering my simple question. Oh well.

Here's another one: if the NW and DAL pilots accept the arbitration without going ballistic what does that say about the evil ALPA?

Latest resources

Back