DL/NWA Seniority List Integration Arbitration starts TODAY...article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

the NWA leadership team has not been proactive in trying to replace our DC9s with anything. They have stated that the engine technology is just not there for the 100-125 seat range airplane.

They are right, the advanced engine technology for a 100+ seat aircraft (which is what the -30s and -50s are) that is substantially better than what is operating now, is not available now.

It HAS been announced, and the first generation is the GTF (Geared Turbofan) engine by Pratt & Whitney. It will power the new Mitsubishi and the Bombardier "C" aircraft. The "C" is what NWA has been planning to replace the -9 with. It is a 100-150-class seat aircraft, and is due to come off the assembly line starting in 2012.

cliff
YIP

Yes, and if they can get the composites correct along with the GTF, it will offer a 25% saving over current category aircraft. If not it will be a looser.
They need to get it correct because the two large a/c manufacturers are going to coming out with their answers in 2018.

It HAS been announced, and the first generation is the GTF (Geared Turbofan) engine by Pratt & Whitney. It will power the new Mitsubishi and the Bombardier "C" aircraft. The "C" is what NWA has been planning to replace the -9 with. It is a 100-150-class seat aircraft, and is due to come off the assembly line starting in 2012.

cliff
YIP
Cliff,

Find me one direct quote to support what you write. I've posted over and over again Steenland and his managers talking about the replacement of the DC9's with RJ's.

Again, the C Series was canceled after NWA said they were not interested. Delta has no interest either, although I sincerely wish that they did - that's our upgrade if it gets bought.

Guess what NWA is not planning on doing anything. They will have to do a lot of planning if the merger does not get approved by the DOJ though.
Only plans are for another addition to the lake house on Minnetonka.

NWA has already announced it has no further interest in the C-series....I remember reading that a couple months ago.

Listen here "little boy":rolleyes:, you assume that a replacement was never going to be brought to NWA. NWA was already looking at replacement aircraft for Mainline. There is no secret in the fact that the DC9's were going to be used in the interim until the replacement aircraft had been chosen and No it wasnt 76 seaters. That is also now the new DAL plan.

Puffdriver = Drama Queen :bawling:

Yawn, I'd like to see it in writing. It ain't there.

Drama queen? Look in the mirror. Your posts are all hype and little substance. You speak like a very junior pilot who is still wet behind the ears. Time to grow up.

There is no secret in the fact that the DC9's were going to be used in the interim until the replacement aircraft had been chosen and No it wasnt 76 seaters. :bawling:

You're right, it was suppose to be a 77-110 seater paying even less than the DC-9. Refer to NALPA's March 2006 publication "Across the Table."

Yawn, I'd like to see it in writing. It ain't there.

Drama queen? Look in the mirror. Your posts are all hype and little substance. You speak like a very junior pilot who is still wet behind the ears. Time to grow up.

Substance to you may not be substance to me fwiw. Also, I assure you that your posts bring just as much relevance to me as mine probably bring to you :pimp:. Time to grow up and stop with the childish bickering you constantly attempt on this forum.

Thanks again for your substantial contribution to the discussion Puffybaby. Kisses :blush:

You're right, it was suppose to be a 77-110 seater paying even less than the DC-9. Refer to NALPA's March 2006 publication "Across the Table."

It was told to me that any replacement aircraft brought on in the future as a mainline DC9 replacement aircraft would Start at DC9 rates as a minimum thanks to the JCBA. Its late and i dont feel like looking this up but That was mentioned to me by a union official as his understanding. fwiw

Hi!

Just checked the Bombardier website. They have at least 17 webpages devoted to the "C".

July 15, 2008 — Farnborough, U.K.
Aerospace
Bombardier and Shenyang Aircraft Corporation Sign Contract Related to CSeries Commercial Aircraft
Today, Bombardier Aerospace signed a contract with the Shenyang Aircraft Corporation (SAC), a subsidiary of the state-owned aviation industrial entity China Aviation Industry Corporation (AVIC I), to supply the centre fuselage on the newly launched Bombardier CSeries aircraft.

It doesn't sound like they've cancelled the "C" to me.

cliff
YIP

Latest resources

Back