• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL/NWA Seniority List Integration Arbitration starts TODAY...article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Retirements don't mean much if your airline is shedding 2,000 jobs. Yes, your seniority number goes up, your distance from the bottom remains the same.

Now you sound like your expert witness. Can you show me where NWA will be losing 2000 jobs? Have you read the cross examination of you "expert" witness? Pretty embarrassing if you as me. He said the same type of BS and he couldn't back it up during cross.

I guess you think I should be thanking you for saving my job as we were on the curb of liquidation--just like US Air.

Yeah right, except that every document and NWA SEC filing since 2005 shows that NWA's plan was to do exactly what they are doing, replace the 9's with RJ's.

Abe
Exactly! Glad someone else in here reads and comprehends.

Just look at Day 2 of the arbitration testimony....DC-9 flying has dropped off the table, while big RJ flying has increased significantly (and is continuing to expand at a rapid clip).

Source? Would you like to show us the DC-9 block hour comparisons vs. a year ago? I didn't think so. Maybe first, you should figure out what you're talking about. Again, your just as brilliant as DAL's "expert" witness as facts got in the way of his opinion. What an embarrassment.

Schwanker

Now you sound like your expert witness. Can you show me where NWA will be losing 2000 jobs? Have you read the cross examination of you "expert" witness? Pretty embarrassing if you as me. He said the same type of BS and he couldn't back it up during cross.
Haven't seen it yet. For both of our sakes, I hope the expert is mistaken and that NWA brings jobs to the table.

This looks painful and unproductive. It will be interesting if negotiations progress picks up following the first round of arbitration hearings.

Last edited:
Haven't seen it yet. For both of our sakes, I hope the expert is mistaken and that NWA brings jobs to the table.

I hear you and agree. Unfortunately, it is as bad as it looks....

And the 787's, which were the saving grace for NWA pilot jobs (they were supposed to start flying them this month!), won't be here for at least 2 more years!

Check out Day 2 of the testimony. It's unbelievable how much their DC-9 time has already dropped. The witness goes through about 2 dozen different routes to illustrate how the RJ's have taken over.

To be fair, that same thing has happened at DAL and other carriers over the years....but not at such a fast rate. And for the NWA pilots, the timing couldn't be worse!

Both fleets at DAL (narrow and wide body) are expanding right now....that is a fact.

NWA's narrow body fleet is shrinking fast....that is a fact.

NWA's 747-200's are at best shrinking....worst case scenario, going away. That isn't necessarily fact, but it sure looks that way.

Whichever way this thing goes, we'll know something soon. I'm just glad I don't have to argue their case in all of this.

And I wish I had a copy of that cool video they showed with the teary eyed NW pilot talking about his love of the whale.

Sadly (for them), I think that video is all they got...

Abe

Last edited:
Yes, but somehow RJ pilots are not "qualified" for a staple. Go figure :rolleyes:

Is that the line your hearing now Fins? It doesn't surprise me, but are they really saying that in public?

WOW! This sounds better than the OJ trial. Do you think Court TV will be carrying it, complete with "expert" commentaries?

The 747-200's are going away. This fact is alluded to strongly in a Q&A with EVP Ops and Pres of tech Ops. "Cargo airline within an airline does not make money."

All the pax aircraft types will stay. for the time being.

The 747-200's are going away. This fact is alluded to strongly in a Q&A with EVP Ops and Pres of tech Ops. "Cargo airline within an airline does not make money."

All the pax aircraft types will stay. for the time being.

I guess that's why they are upgrading the engines on them--to park them.

Latest resources

Back