Dl Makes $137m

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey General.....

Give it a rest.... you're old news and I pretty much thing everybody on this board is tired of you sh!t and non sense..... I actually feel sorry for you....

nevertheless..... good luck over there at DAL. I hope it keeps up for you guys over there.... truly... Im tired of this profession sliding down to nothing. Even at UPS I don't feel safe for any given amount of time. Just a matter of time before UAV's replace this side of the fence. Lets hope we all make it out of this screwed up situations without any more jobs lost.

Feel sorry for me? Like I used to feel for your arse when you were furloughed? Riiiiiight. Not anymore. Great, you fly for UPS now......zippy di do..... fantastic. Go enjoy that. I honestly don't care. I enjoy Delta still after all of these years, and I enjoy this board. I don't care what other people think, I enjoy the banter and the industry. I just can't believe I fell for your s$%$. That was the true waste of time, not me enjoying this board.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

I am very happy that you still enjoy your job at Delta, we all deserve such happiness. I love flying airplanes, and love even more to get paid a lot of money to do so. I was such the Delta wanna-be while flying for ASA; unfortunately things changed drastically after 9/11, something we all know about, and my dream of flying for DAL faded. I am delighted to hear that things are looking up for the fine folks over there, as I know many who still fly for Delta and I wish no one harm, however, your persistent arrogance does your pilot group no favors.

Last edited:
General,Fins any Delta,

Do the yellow slips for reserve still exist? Can a resv. pre-plot trips? How does reserve at Dal work? IE: Long call is how long (its 12 at Nwa which allows some commuters to pull resv. from home), short(or regular resv.) I have read the resv. section but hearing from someone who is actually doing it will make it mo easier to digest. Thanks

You cannot pull trips within 24 or 12 hrs. A yellow (high or Low) will just put a request in for a trip. They do not necessarily need to honor it.

General,Fins any Delta,

Do the yellow slips for reserve still exist? Can a resv. pre-plot trips? How does reserve at Dal work? IE: Long call is how long (its 12 at Nwa which allows some commuters to pull resv. from home), short(or regular resv.) I have read the resv. section but hearing from someone who is actually doing it will make it mo easier to digest. Thanks

12-hour long call, 2-hour short call. Right now you can be assigned eight short calls in a month (with the JCBA it will be six) witch are 12 hours long for domestic and 24 hours for international.

Yellow-slips let you request either a specific trip or various trip parameters if you are needed to fly. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. There is no guarantee you will get exactly what you want. Honestly, I wish there was a "no-fly" option :).

Feel sorry for me? Like I used to feel for your arse when you were furloughed? Riiiiiight. Not anymore. Great, you fly for UPS now......zippy di do..... fantastic. Go enjoy that. I honestly don't care. I enjoy Delta still after all of these years, and I enjoy this board. I don't care what other people think, I enjoy the banter and the industry. I just can't believe I fell for your s$%$. That was the true waste of time, not me enjoying this board.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General.....

You still enjoy flying for Delta because you have never been furloughed or have gone through a bankruptcy. You have never been on the outside looking in through the window watching your "delta brothers and sisters" pick up 5000 hours of open time in a month while you're on the street look for a job or have to go stand in the unemployment line with some real winners. Like I said before, good times don't define a person. Its real easy to sit behind your key board drawing a constant pay check and tell us what you'd do or how you'd do something IF you were furloughed. Its a different story when you're actually going through this sh!t, time and time again, being the constant cushion for the senior guys with their me me me mentality. Keep on enjoying your Delta general, but give it a rest with your typical banter and bullsh!t. Our friends and colleagues are about to hit the street for their 2nd, 3rd or possibly their 4th time. You have no clue how tough it really is out there, so take it easy. This is not 911... it's way way worse this time around..........

Again... good luck to all of you hitting the street soon. I know that UPS is going to be hiring soon, so if you're interested make sure to keep checking the online window.

Net

General,

I am very happy that you still enjoy your job at Delta, we all deserve such happiness. I love flying airplanes, and love even more to get paid a lot of money to do so. I was such the Delta wanna-be while flying for ASA; unfortunately things changed drastically after 9/11, something we all know about, and my dream of flying for DAL faded. I am delighted to hear that things are looking up for the fine folks over there, as I know many who still fly for Delta and I wish no one harm, however, your persistent arrogance does your pilot group no favors.

I don't speak for my pilot group. If you want to group them all with me, then that is your fault. I will continue to give my opinions about this industry, and I will continue to enjoy the banter. You have to take FI for what it is, an anonymous aviation webiste. Don't get too wrapped up around the axle.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,Fins any Delta,

Not like it used to. Now you can throw your name in the hat for a particular trip, but it is ultimately up to scheduling to decide who gets the trip. We used to have very senior people camp out on reserve and put up a "don't use me" device. That was lost during BK, and now scheduling will try to give EVERY reserve 69.9 hours, thus saving the company money.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General.....

You still enjoy flying for Delta because you have never been furloughed or have gone through a bankruptcy. You have never been on the outside looking in through the window watching your "delta brothers and sisters" pick up 5000 hours of open time in a month while you're on the street look for a job or have to go stand in the unemployment line with some real winners. Like I said before, good times don't define a person. Its real easy to sit behind your key board drawing a constant pay check and tell us what you'd do or how you'd do something IF you were furloughed. Its a different story when you're actually going through this sh!t, time and time again, being the constant cushion for the senior guys with their me me me mentality. Keep on enjoying your Delta general, but give it a rest with your typical banter and bullsh!t. Our friends and colleagues are about to hit the street for their 2nd, 3rd or possibly their 4th time. You have no clue how tough it really is out there, so take it easy. This is not 911... it's way way worse this time around..........

Again... good luck to all of you hitting the street soon. I know that UPS is going to be hiring soon, so if you're interested make sure to keep checking the online window.

Net

Yeah, I guess I have never been through a Bankruptcy??? (Didn't Delta go BK?) I am not going to apologize to you for having seniority. Should I have done a voluntary furlough? Would you have done that? Am I sorry I interviewed before you did? Not really. That is just luck. Your problem has always been entitlement. Why me? You complained the whole time, even though times were tough after 9-11, and ALPA did the best it could. You were seniority challenged, just like many people today. That is unfortunate, but reality. Some people chose to go to United and leave Southwest as Captains pre 9-11. Do I feel sorry for them? You do. People make choices, and that can affect them for their whole lives. It looks like I probably have the seniority NOT to be furloughed currently, and I am not ashamed of that. Also, I suggest if you are not married now to marry "rich." My wife does really well as an Ad VP, and that helps. My mom always said "you can fall in love with a rich girl just as easy as you can fall in love with a poor one."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess I have never been through a Bankruptcy??? (Didn't Delta go BK?) I am not going to apologize to you for having seniority. Should I have done a voluntary furlough? Would you have done that? Am I sorry I interviewed before you did? Not really. That is just luck. Your problem has always been entitlement. Why me? You complained the whole time, even though times were tough after 9-11, and ALPA did the best it could. You were seniority challenged, just like many people today. That is unfortunate, but reality. Some people chose to go to United and leave Southwest as Captains pre 9-11. Do I feel sorry for them? You do. People make choices, and that can affect them for their whole lives. It looks like I probably have the seniority NOT to be furloughed currently, and I am not ashamed of that. Also, I suggest if you are not married now to marry "rich." My wife does really well as an Ad VP, and that helps. My mom always said "you can fall in love with a rich girl just as easy as you can fall in love with a poor one."

Bye Bye--General Lee

When I said bankruptcy I should have specified chapter 7..... nevertheless general.... you have no clue how it is out there and I don't expect you to understand how hard it really is either. I don't and have never expected anyone with good seniority to take voluntary leave, so stop trying to put words into my posts and making yourself sound better. It is what it is and the bottom line is that you have no freaking clue because you have never been in that situation. Enjoy your delta.... Im done with you...

Net

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back