• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dl Makes $137m

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also, I suggest if you are not married now to marry "rich." My wife does really well as an Ad VP, and that helps. My mom always said "you can fall in love with a rich girl just as easy as you can fall in love with a poor one."

Bye Bye--General Lee[/quote]

Whats his name?

Basically the same reserve we have now with the exception of the 24hr lc for intl. Our lc is 12hrs for both dom & intl. Looks like an improvement for intl. but no change dom. How often do resv. break guarntee? I have only broke 65hrs once in 7 months but been paid for 75. So unless we will fly more under the Dal rules looks like a wash on pay for resvs. Maybe a bid to wb fo lineholder will pay more with less days worked. Thanks again

12-hour long call, 2-hour short call. Right now you can be assigned eight short calls in a month (with the JCBA it will be six) witch are 12 hours long for domestic and 24 hours for international.

Yellow-slips let you request either a specific trip or various trip parameters if you are needed to fly. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. There is no guarantee you will get exactly what you want. Honestly, I wish there was a "no-fly" option :).

You have to take FI for what it is, an anonymous aviation webiste. Don't get too wrapped up around the axle.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I guess that explains half the BS that gets poured out of your pie hole.

Spinproof:

Special items and one time charges are part of the profit and loss reporting, but not part of the profit and loss picture for the ongoing business.

For instance, lets say every month you make $10,000 and your bills are $2,500 giving you a $7,500 "profit" that you save & invest. In this same month, your daughter is getting married and she watches lots of the "E" channel. She decides to throw a bash of a reception and pay Brad & Angelina to attend. The bill for the wedding comes to $90,000.

If you evaluated that month, you have a $7,500 "profit" excluding the $90,000 bill for the reception. With the wedding, you report a loss of $82,500.

But hey, the kid is out of the house and your basic finances are sound.

That's not a very good example. Again, this one-time charge was a non cash item. Delta wrote down the $1B as loss of goodwill. What they're saying is that looking forward, Delta's ability to earn money is hampered due to the high oil prices. Thus, Delta's value to shareholders has been reduced by 1 billion dollars this quarter. In exchange, Delta gets a sizable tax break.

Here's a better example:
Let's say that Spinproof's daughter is unemployed and she married a Mesa pilot. Spinproof can now be expected to support the happy couple for 10, 20, maybe even 30 years. Thus his take-home income in the future will most likely be reduced unless he can start spending less (increase the margins in the case of Delta), or find a new source of income (expand).

Basically the same reserve we have now with the exception of the 24hr lc for intl. Our lc is 12hrs for both dom & intl. Looks like an improvement for intl. but no change dom. How often do resv. break guarntee? I have only broke 65hrs once in 7 months but been paid for 75. So unless we will fly more under the Dal rules looks like a wash on pay for resvs. Maybe a bid to wb fo lineholder will pay more with less days worked. Thanks again

I think you misunderstood the short call period. The short call period for domestic is 12 hours long and the short call period for international is 24 hours long of which you can be given two hours notice. I wish we had gotten NWA's 75 hour guarantee.

When I was on the ER it was very easy to break 70 hour guarantee with just one green-slip (pretty common on the ER). However, you still might only block 50 - 60ish hours. Now that I am on the 767 domestic (stupid move on my part, still kicking myself. I was a lineholder for godsakes! Granted it was in JFK) I fly less. Last month I was at 50+ hours but, this month I got a green-slip so, if I don't fly anymore this month I will get 82 hours credit with 35 hours block. Clear as mud?

Not to be a pain, but are you saying that y'alls(ours soon to be) long call is not 12hrs from call to report. Our raps(required availability periods) are 15hrs long with 9hrs of not having to answer the phone. Our longcall is phone on 24hrs/day but a 12hrs from phone call to report. Works great for commuters. So, if I understand you dom. is required to be avail for a 12hr window with as little as a 2hr report and intl. has a 24hr window with the same 2hr report? Basically a reserve has to be in base the whole set of resv. days. Thanks again and sorry for being a little slow.

I think you misunderstood the short call period. The short call period for domestic is 12 hours long and the short call period for international is 24 hours long of which you can be given two hours notice. I wish we had gotten NWA's 75 hour guarantee.

When I was on the ER it was very easy to break 70 hour guarantee with just one green-slip (pretty common on the ER). However, you still might only block 50 - 60ish hours. Now that I am on the 767 domestic (stupid move on my part, still kicking myself. I was a lineholder for godsakes! Granted it was in JFK) I fly less. Last month I was at 50+ hours but, this month I got a green-slip so, if I don't fly anymore this month I will get 82 hours credit with 35 hours block. Clear as mud?

When I said bankruptcy I should have specified chapter 7..... nevertheless general.... you have no clue how it is out there and I don't expect you to understand how hard it really is either. I don't and have never expected anyone with good seniority to take voluntary leave, so stop trying to put words into my posts and making yourself sound better. It is what it is and the bottom line is that you have no freaking clue because you have never been in that situation. Enjoy your delta.... Im done with you...

Net

Great, I am done with your complaining. I hope you have a great career at UPS. Enjoy it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Also, I suggest if you are not married now to marry "rich." My wife does really well as an Ad VP, and that helps. My mom always said "you can fall in love with a rich girl just as easy as you can fall in love with a poor one."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Whats his name?[/quote]

You mean my WIFE? Oh, HIS name is Pat......?

Bye Bye--General Lee

I guess that explains half the BS that gets poured out of your pie hole.

And you drink it up like it is water........ I also have a bridge I can sell you...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back