• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dl Makes $137m

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So tanker clown when you answer yourself as spinproof do you usually get an answer?
And as for comedy, I'd say you've been exposed for the tool that you are. A pissed off comair pilot who got hired at va.
What's even more funny are your payscales.:laugh: :laugh:
Thanks for bringing up the industry FNG.

FNG..??? Oh Friendly Nice Guy! Thanks 737pylt didn't think you had a complement in you.

Why? It's too much fun tweaking you Deltoids(and soon to be Deltoids). Correction edit time accepted!

Best of luck 9 driver....you're gonna need it!!

No luck needed here virgin. However, someday you'll get lucky(hopefully), just be careful you don't get a red wood.:eek:

No luck needed here virgin. However, someday you'll get lucky(hopefully), just be careful you don't get a red wood.:eek:
My mistake.Your insult didn't go unnoticed.You'll fit in just fine.

FNG..??? Oh Friendly Nice Guy! Thanks 737pylt didn't think you had a complement in you.

Jeez tanker clown, you need to get more origional. Hold on, I've got some funnies for you

1st year pay va= $44/hr

But the hits keep coming=
Vacation:
Year 1: 5 days
Year 2-5: 15 days
>5: 20 days

But the good news, when you finally upgrade after 5 years, you get to go back to 1st year pay. Does that mean you get that awsome 5 days of vacation again?Congrats tanker clown, you finally made it to the big time. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
It ok though, cause you can still live with mom and dad to help with the bills. and you get to wear that really cool uniform. Unfortunately you don't work for comair and can't tell all the guys how you fly for delta.:D

Jeez tanker clown, you need to get more origional. Hold on, I've got some funnies for you

1st year pay va= $44/hr

But the hits keep coming=
Vacation:
Year 1: 5 days
Year 2-5: 15 days
>5: 20 days

But the good news, when you finally upgrade after 5 years, you get to go back to 1st year pay. Does that mean you get that awsome 5 days of vacation again?Congrats tanker clown, you finally made it to the big time. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
It ok though, cause you can still live with mom and dad to help with the bills. and you get to wear that really cool uniform. Unfortunately you don't work for comair and can't tell all the guys how you fly for delta.:D
Wow you're right! Now you're gonna have to quit stalking me. Gotta go and make that 44!

Ok a few more questions. At what point are you done for the month on resv? IE guarantee is 70hrs, are you released once you reach 70 or within 5hrs of? Currently we are guaranteed 75 but on the hook until within 4:15 of 88hrs. Use to be w/in 4:15 of 75 I believe. Thanks.

No. Everyone defaults to long call to begin with. So, once you are awarded your schedule all of your days start as long call days. You have 12 hours to report while on long call. If scheduling decided to put you onto short call, they can move you from long to short call with 10 hours notice. You have 2 additional hours to report on short call (actually no set time but 2 hours is a good guide). Summary: long call equals 12 or more hours reponse time.

Ok a few more questions. At what point are you done for the month on resv? IE guarantee is 70hrs, are you released once you reach 70 or within 5hrs of? Currently we are guaranteed 75 but on the hook until within 4:15 of 88hrs. Use to be w/in 4:15 of 75 I believe. Thanks.
The company cannot fly you past the average line value (unless you pick up overtime)...around 78-80 hrs or so...depends on the catagory.

Who's the villian here? A blind faith in an organization that cares little for your well being. Who's last little power play was to try an increase their take by changing the way they collect dues?

Your company may profess to care about your well being but where the rubber hits the road they choose to pay poverty wages. We'll buy them a rollerboard and blow some smoke up their rear during indoc and they'll think we really care. How many pilots can afford to live in VA's base of operations?

Last edited:
Most of the fix will require airlines like AirTran, Spirit, SWA and the others to either go the heck out of business, or price their product at a realistic level. A family friend got a round trip ticket on Spirit for $1 and was bragging about it and AirTran is still running $49 sales. The regulators need to realize that suicide is not competition.

I'll drink to that!! If the above actually happened, maybe I could afford to actually have a drink.

Spinproof:

Special items and one time charges are part of the profit and loss reporting, but not part of the profit and loss picture for the ongoing business.

For instance, lets say every month you make $10,000 and your bills are $2,500 giving you a $7,500 "profit" that you save & invest. In this same month, your daughter is getting married and she watches lots of the "E" channel. She decides to throw a bash of a reception and pay Brad & Angelina to attend. The bill for the wedding comes to $90,000.

If you evaluated that month, you have a $7,500 "profit" excluding the $90,000 bill for the reception. With the wedding, you report a loss of $82,500.

But hey, the kid is out of the house and your basic finances are sound.

In Delta's case, they separated several thousands of employees, which will help future profitability and prepare for the integration of NWA.

What some pilots are overlooking is that around half of Delta's fuel is hedged at $90 a barrell and those hedges start to run out in the next couple of quarters. Like SWA, DAL is still selling tickets for less than they cost. Also like SWA, DAL would be losing big money without the hedges.

While the performance at the top of its peer group is great, with nearly 100% load factors (EVERY seat has been taken on my flights lately) this business should be raking in the money if the market would bear the appropriate price level.

Most of the fix will require airlines like AirTran, Spirit, SWA and the others to either go the heck out of business, or price their product at a realistic level. A family friend got a round trip ticket on Spirit for $1 and was bragging about it and AirTran is still running $49 sales. The regulators need to realize that suicide is not competition.

In our business environment, Delta's JPWA is a good deal for labor. Most folks don't appreciate it for what it is in these times.

Sounds like voodoo economics.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back