• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dl Makes $137m

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats what you don't get, its a pay rate reguardless of how the complany performs. You guys have let yourself become tied to what profit or loss your company makes. Yes, I agreed to make the same amount no matter what the company makes, when their profits are down, I still get paid the same.
The reason you lost those great payrates is sold out scope for them, it was only temporary, mine are holding up rather well.

Last edited:
9 RJ 9:

Weak sisters sold out? I hope you never have to visit a bankruptcy Court. It isn't a pleasant experience.

PCL128 - good job, nailed 'em.

9 RJ 9:

Weak sisters sold out? I hope you never have to visit a bankruptcy Court. It isn't a pleasant experience.

PCL128 - good job, nailed 'em.

Fins and PCL,

9 uniform, 7 furloughs, 2 bankruptcies and I still have 3 Seniority #'s......

I also work for UPS and have bypassed from DAL.... I have argued the exact points that PCL made on this board with some of the uninformed Captains here at big brown and I educate them on a regular basis. This was not the place to be 7 years ago and neither was SWA, but times have changed and we ALL have to fight the new fight. I hope to god that Delta and NWA get better rates then UPS, FEDEX and SWA because then, maybe we can piggy back on them and start restoring this industry to where this is considered a career again and not just a freaking job. Out of all my airlines, I have found out that the grass is never greener on the other side of the fence..... EVERY PLACE has its problems. Our contract here at UPS is one of the best in the industry ONLY by default and this contract is the unions 3rd contract since the beginning of the airline. Remember, the airlines is only 20 years old. What were the pay rates at Delta after their 3rd contract negotiations? Get where Im going with this PCL? Its a slow upward climb here at big brown, our management team absolutely hates the pilot group and there will be no changing that. After all my airlines, I'll take the company that hates my guts, but keep the paychecks coming rather then being employed by an airline that loves me and has to furlough me. Been there, done that....

Im not even going to get into the night time/ day time flying boys and girls, cause I hear all of you out there, the few nights that I do fly. You General are the biggest dou che bag on this board, you keep bringing this same point up over and over again because you have no new material and its beyond old so just STFU and find a new hobby. And I guarantee you that I made more money then most of your narrow body captains last year and I know Im gonna look a hell of a lot younger then you will when we retire........at 80:rolleyes:.

Kudos to DAL for making a profit in the 2nd quarter and I hope you guys/gals keep it up for the rest of the year. I see a lot of airlines going out of business this year and many of my friends and fellow pilots hitting the street. It truly is going to be one of the worst years for aviation ever and its sad how some people actually get their kicks over the demise of other airlines, so their airline might prosper. Karma's a b!tch and it will catch up with you special people.....

Good luck to us all.....

Net

ps. Fins..

Once the merger deal goes through, where does that put the bypassed guys/gals like myself.... should I come back and knock you down a number?:D

Last edited:
Relax, Networ-King. I'm on your side. I like you UPS guys. I used to jumpseat on your planes all the time to get home from DTW when you guys were still in contract negotiations, and the pilots were always great. Everyone was wearing their IPA lanyards and supporting their union. Great thing to see.

I was just giving that no-talent ass-clown that attacked the DAL pilots a dose of his own medicine. None of us in this godforsaken industry really have a great contract right now, so no need to be attacking the DAL guys while they're in the middle of negotiating improvements while everyone else is getting hammered for concessions.

Fins and PCL,

I also work for UPS and have bypassed from DAL.... I have argued the exact points that PCL made on this board with some of the uninformed Captains here at big brown and I educate them on a regular basis. This was not the place to be 7 years ago and neither was SWA, but times have changed and we ALL have to fight the new fight. I hope to god that Delta and NWA get better rates then UPS, FEDEX and SWA because then, maybe we can piggy back on them and start restoring this industry to where this is considered a career again and not just a freaking job. Out of all my airlines, I have found out that the grass is never greener on the other side of the fence..... EVERY PLACE has its problems. Our contract here at UPS is one of the best in the industry ONLY by default and this contract is the unions 3rd contract since the beginning of the airline. Remember, the airlines is only 20 years old. What were the pay rates at Delta after their 3rd contract negotiations? Get where Im going with this PCL? Its a slow upward climb here at big brown, our management team absolutely hates the pilot group and there will be no changing that. After all my airlines, I'll take the company that hates my guts, but keep the paychecks coming rather then being employed by an airline that loves me and has to furlough me. Been there, done that....

Im not even going to get into the night time/ day time flying boys and girls, cause I hear all of you out there, the few nights that I do fly. You General are the biggest dou che bag on this board, you keep bringing this same point up over and over again because you have no new material and its beyond old so just STFU and find a new hobby. And I guarantee you that I made more money then most of your narrow body captains last year and I know Im gonna look a hell of a lot younger then you will when we retire........at 80:rolleyes:.

Kudos to DAL for making a profit in the 2nd quarter and I hope you guys/gals keep it up for the rest of the year. I see a lot of airlines going out of business this year and many of my friends and fellow pilots hitting the street. It truly is going to be one of the worst years for aviation ever and its sad how some people actually get their kicks over the demise of other airlines, so their airline might prosper. Karma's a b!tch and it will catch up with you special people.....

Good luck to us all.....

Net

ps. Fins..

Once the merger deal goes through, where does that put the bypassed guys/gals like myself.... should I come back and knock you down a number?:D

Class Act Net. Nice to see that on the boards.

Good luck to you and all your current and former bros...

Fins and PCL,

Good luck to us all.....

Net

ps. Fins..

Class act? Somebody called this lamo a class act? He has bitched and moaned since his furlough at DL, even though we who were still on the property tried to support him. Did we get a thanks? Nope. I wasn't the one green slipping while that was happening, yet Network Dork treated me like it. I was trying to support the furloughed pilots, and I sponsored a few and did what I could. What a joke he is.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Fins and PCL,

.... should I come back and knock you down a number?:D
Hell of a track record, gives you huge street cred in my book.

Hell of a track record, gives you huge street cred in my book.

Fins....

Make fun if you want.... at the time I never made side steps and thats just the way the ball bounced in my situation. I have no regrets about my experience because I can talk the talk and walk the walk.... sh!t happens and in my book hard times define an individual... not good times. As for the general? .... he's a lost cause... I guarantee you if I find out who this joker is at DAL, I'll find out how many green and yellow slips this joker flew during our 5 + years of furlough.

Again good luck to all involved in this god for saken industry.....

Net

Fins...

I still remember when you posted at a regional guy and your posts were not always so "delta positive". Take care....

Fins....

Make fun if you want.... at the time I never made side steps and thats just the way the ball bounced in my situation. I have no regrets about my experience because I can talk the talk and walk the walk.... sh!t happens and in my book hard times define an individual... not good times. As for the general? .... he's a lost cause... I guarantee you if I find out who this joker is at DAL, I'll find out how many green and yellow slips this joker flew during our 5 + years of furlough.

Again good luck to all involved in this god for saken industry.....

Net

Fins...

I still remember when you posted at a regional guy and your posts were not always so "delta positive". Take care....

Yeah, that will be fantastic! You go ahead and try, and you will find that there were no green slips, and I guess you forgot what a yellow slip was (back then, a yellow slip was for reserves, to pick up open time---instead of being assigned the trip. That was actually very common if you wanted to control your schedule on reserve. I guess you let UPS control your life and assign you trips at will.....) Talk about a lost cause....Gooooood bye.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey General.....

Give it a rest.... you're old news and I pretty much thing everybody on this board is tired of you sh!t and non sense..... I actually feel sorry for you....

nevertheless..... good luck over there at DAL. I hope it keeps up for you guys over there.... truly... Im tired of this profession sliding down to nothing. Even at UPS I don't feel safe for any given amount of time. Just a matter of time before UAV's replace this side of the fence. Lets hope we all make it out of this screwed up situations without any more jobs lost.

Latest resources

Back