DL Hiring This Fall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lake:
There's a pattern here. Looks like wavedooshbag was one of those you spoke of. He didn't make the cut at DAL and resorted to buying his job!
Too bad he can't take some of that money and tough guy attitude and buy himself a clue and some balls to back it up with!;)

Your funny! Just another guy that got beat up and made fun of a lot in high school.

Just because someone had a bad day at their DAL interview doesn't mean they would not be a great DAL pilot, some of the best pilots I know were turned down by DAL...most likely because they were so nervous interviewing for their dream job that they screwed the pooch. It is just my .02 that if these same folks were hired by NWA, and DAL saw it fit to merge with NWA then what is wrong with hiring these folks after a friendly hand shake and meeting to be sure they are still in shape for the job?
JP

What could a first year Delta FO expect to make? Any estimates of how long until a holding a line? Any chance of / or how long until getting Atlanta?

Thanks

Some of these poolies were turned down by Delta and then ran over to NWA to get hired, expecting the merger. If Delta didn't want them then, why would they want them now? The guys that didn't do that should maybe be considered for some type of preferential interview but not the other guys. There was a reason they didn't get hired!

I know of one guy who was turned down by NWA and hired by DAL. It worked both ways.

What could a first year Delta FO expect to make? Any estimates of how long until a holding a line? Any chance of / or how long until getting Atlanta?

Thanks

most of those questions can't be answered right now because we have no constant basis to compare with. Bases and flying is being shifted around and so are the pilots. A new guy hired tomorrow could see a pine by the spring if on the most junior plane and the expansion plans saltay the same or increase IMHO. Pay in the first year will likely be around 55kish, second year 70+ and 3rd year 95+. Atl shouldn't be too hard to get after a few months if not right away. Getting on early in the hiring from this point on will open up alot of doors for those hired. The younger you are the bigger the doors are if you catch the wave early ( in the next couple years)

Octane,

I think that Superpilot is being a bit optimistic with his yearly pay examples. Your first several months will be on training pay which isn't the $55ish an hour. Then on reserve in the non summer months I wouldn't plan on much more than the 70 hours a month. Line holders can make much more than reserves if willing to work, but I still think his numbers are a bit on the high side.

Your funny! Just another guy that got beat up and made fun of a lot in high school.

At least I went to high school junior!;)
I see that GED is working out good for ya. Super size my order. And your late for your instrument lesson! I know mom and dad paid a lot for those lessons you keep failing! Don't worry, the world needs fry makers too!

At least I went to high school junior!;)
I see that GED is working out good for ya. Super size my order. And your late for your instrument lesson! I know mom and dad paid a lot for those lessons you keep failing! Don't worry, the world needs fry makers too!

Hey! don't pick on me old man just because I have a GED and can still do your job just as well. Those fries are to help your old azzzz medical out. Lol. How is that EKG going to work out this time around?

Hey! don't pick on me old man just because I have a GED and can still do your job just as well.
Maybe you can tell me about it personally next time I'm rocking the headboard with your mommy's head!:laugh:

Those fries are to help your old azzzz medical out. Lol. How is that EKG going to work out this time around?
EKG? Fine. Its that bad rash I got from your mommy that has me concerned!
That beeping sound is the fry machine fatso, get to it! And you should talk about medicaling out? Try losing 100 lbs, lardass!

I'll also bet they have class sizes of at least 40 that way they can have the 20 Compass, 9 Mesaba, and the rest bypassers until they run out of bypassers.

Are they going to mix in the Compass guys w/ the bypassers or wait until all the bypassers that want to return come back and then mix the Copmpass/Mesaba guys w/ the new hires off the street?

Baja.

Latest resources

Back