DL Hiring This Fall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Octane,

I think that Superpilot is being a bit optimistic with his yearly pay examples. Your first several months will be on training pay which isn't the $55ish an hour. Then on reserve in the non summer months I wouldn't plan on much more than the 70 hours a month. Line holders can make much more than reserves if willing to work, but I still think his numbers are a bit on the high side.

i was including retirement contributions since thats part of your total compensation. Per diem will add to the check also if you want to consider that into the discussion.

Basically if you take the hourly rate and multiply that by 1000 you can get pretty close to what your pay will be hence why i said *likely* ;)

Last edited:
The early classes at Compass where interviewed by people from NW, don't know how long that lasted..

It lasted most of the way through the current seniority list. Now it's being handed off to Delta, and the interviews will be conducted in Atlanta.

Just because someone had a bad day at their DAL interview doesn't mean they would not be a great DAL pilot, some of the best pilots I know were turned down by DAL...most likely because they were so nervous interviewing for their dream job that they screwed the pooch. It is just my .02 that if these same folks were hired by NWA, and DAL saw it fit to merge with NWA then what is wrong with hiring these folks after a friendly hand shake and meeting to be sure they are still in shape for the job?
JP

I agree 100%. I know some guys who didn't get hired that really surprised me, and I know some who did get hired that surprised me even more! If NWA hired them, bring them in, look over there stuff to make sure they haven't joined the local militia in the last few years, and put them in class if everything is in line.

I know of one guy who was turned down by NWA and hired by DAL. It worked both ways.

So what did he do to improve himself so much in such a short time? :)

Are they going to mix in the Compass guys w/ the bypassers or wait until all the bypassers that want to return come back and then mix the Copmpass/Mesaba guys w/ the new hires off the street?

Baja.

My guess is that they will fill the classes by seniority first (per the contract). If a bypasser gives 30-days notice that they want to return then they will be in the next class (until it fills). I think it could play out that the initial classes have 100% bypassers. Once you've gone through that group the bypassers in each class will drop to near zero. It is possible for a bypasser to give 30-days notice and get the last class in this hiring group. But given the fact that recall rights are expiring and the economy is uncertain, I can't imagine passing on the earliest class if a bypasser decides Delta is plan-A.

Latest resources

Back