• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL & AS announcement on Monday in SEA!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I totally agree. Alaska should be flying their own passengers to Europe and Asia from Seattle.

It just aint gonna happen with 50 new 737MAX's. I guess your only hope is that merger with Hawaiian. (unless it is absorbed by someone else first?)

Aloha!

Bye Bye---General Lee

No offense taken, however I believe it has actually been a positive for you guys. If you look at the numbers, the SEA Asia hub probably wouldn't be nearly as successful as it is without us. Your CEO spoke some of the numbers on Monday. 200,000 Int pax a year are transferred between our 2 carriers. For Delta to put in that network feed themselves, and compete against Alaska while doing it to capture all of 550 (200,000 / 365) passengers a day doesn't make sense. I think both companies have been smart to put ego's aside and forge a partnership that works for both. Sure beats watching each other bleed and trying to figure out who is winning.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

It just aint gonna happen with 50 new 737MAX's. I guess your only hope is that merger with Hawaiian. (unless it is absorbed by someone else first?)

Aloha!

Bye Bye---General Lee

People act like AS isn't allowed to order widebodies. I know it's unlikely, but not impossible.

No offense taken, however I believe it has actually been a positive for you guys. If you look at the numbers, the SEA Asia hub probably wouldn't be nearly as successful as it is without us. Your CEO spoke some of the numbers on Monday. 200,000 Int pax a year are transferred between our 2 carriers. For Delta to put in that network feed themselves, and compete against Alaska while doing it to capture all of 550 (200,000 / 365) passengers a day doesn't make sense. I think both companies have been smart to put ego's aside and forge a partnership that works for both. Sure beats watching each other bleed and trying to figure out who is winning.

True dat! It's business, that's all.
As soon as we all realize our lot in life, sooner we'll all be happy. We are all just pawns in this crazy business, sad but true.

General, I'm not quite sure what your program is. You go through times where you are pretty logical, but than other times... Wow! Alaska's announcement was for an additional 50 firm jet orders. They already have 25 firm on the books. Yes, 50 will be used to replace the 400/700's. That gives a very modest growth of 21% over 10 years. I agree, nothing to go crazy about. The kicker is about CHOICES. Alaska has an additional 69 options for growth opportunities. They will use these as the conditions warrant. That gives the company the ability to grow 95%. That is something to get excited about. As long as the company continues to perform, I fully expect them to exercise them.

You should excuse Genital Lea.... heshe probably forgot to take her meds today.

GL... If you only knew what I know. Yes, you would be green green green with envy. Remember I told you a year ago AS was working on this order... You thought that was a joke too.

AMEN!! Anybody who doesn't hold this position: hasn't been here long enough to know better. The only part of the "Vision 2010" that DIDN'T materialize....growth. The kind of growth that the pilots look for...not ASM.

There are just as many pilots on the seniority list now as there was 10 years ago. It's great news of course, but i'm cautiously optimistic.

We had 1550 pilots on the seniority list when I was hired. As of August 2012, we have 1442. When we hit 1551, I'll open up a bottle of Dom Perignon:rolleyes:.

We had 1550 pilots on the seniority list when I was hired. As of August 2012, we have 1442. When we hit 1551, I'll open up a bottle of Dom Perignon:rolleyes:.
Yep. I'll believe the hull growth when i see the HULL growth. Until then? Whatever. Not being pessimistic or cynical. I really do like flying for Alaska, we're lucky as hell given the industry. However, i'm a pure, uncut realist.

GL... If you only knew what I know. Yes, you would be green green green with envy. Remember I told you a year ago AS was working on this order... You thought that was a joke too.

So you know also that you'll be junior to me? Great. (Just jokin! ;) ). I would have thought that your airline probably would have a new 737 order, you are based in SEA.... Not a big surprise. I can maybe see a SAN base or something like that, because you are running out of room at SEA, PDX, and terminal 6 in LAX.

And, I know that our guy is a tested boss who knows what he is doing, and is also friends with your guys, but our's has domestic (717s ,MD90s,plus new 739ERs) and INTL ambitions. People chuckled when hearing about the refinery deal. Now others are looking into it to capture huge savings.(UAL might be looking at one near IAH) The next few years really will be interesting.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Sure it's a win when you are the carrier growing. Our block hours are down year after year after year. Some of that is Europe but a lot of it is code share. the only thing saving us block hour wise is parking RJs.

We have no growth airplanes ordered until those wayyyyyyyy off into the future 787s in 2020. My rant is not directed at you personally, we bought off on this back door deal.....I just wish my fellow pilots would see the light of where this is going.

Aeromexico...DL investment.....new jets
air France....sky team....new jets
Alaska.....big code share....new jets
Gol.....DL investment.....new jets and just bought another airline.
Aeroflot.....sky team.....new jets

DELTA.....big fat zero growth....contraction is the word.

Latest resources

Back