• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL & AS announcement on Monday in SEA!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Expect more of these joint press releases cos Delta is going to eventually buy Alaska.

As long as AS has been around, XXX Airlines was/is going to buy Alaska, so according to your crytal ball, when genius?:rolleyes: Yeah, I'm going to win the Mega Millions, eventually.

He GL just wait for our Aircraft order on Wednesday to be announced... Wish I could see your face... And no we are not taking any of your flying. We fly wherever we want, filling our planes with our devoted passengers. Glad we can help you guys out to with your international expansion! You are going to love our new aircraft order it will be great... Look for it 10-10-2012 4:00 pm pst time... I am sure we need all those planes for Hilo ;)

Hey MEA.. What are you hearing about a big party on Wednesday? Glad I wasn't part of the mess that was going on today.....

He GL just wait for our Aircraft order on Wednesday to be announced... Wish I could see your face... And no we are not taking any of your flying. We fly wherever we want, filling our planes with our devoted passengers. Glad we can help you guys out to with your international expansion! You are going to love our new aircraft order it will be great... Look for it 10-10-2012 4:00 pm pst time... I am sure we need all those planes for Hilo ;)

That's great you will have a big aircraft order. Will you fly them out if any DL hubs other than LA or SEA? Doubt it. You are running out if cities to go nonstop from ANC, PDX, LAX, and SEA. Let me guess though: SEA to Grand Rapids, Hartford, Jacksonville, Pensacola, Grand Junction, and Flagstaff? I don't care. LAX is running out of gates, along with SEA. Enjoy those new planes! If we ever merge, you'll probably be able to fly the DC9 in the right seat too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yes big party to celebrate the 900ER... Then management is going to pat themselves on the back tell you what a great job you and they are doing. Then dim the lights and tell you about the new order... About time! Think South GL. We will never merge our product is far superior to yours... Yours sucks... Well maybe not sucks but its not a very good product. Old tired planes even older miserable FA's. Have you flown on any of the international careers? New planes nice crews the product isn't even similar. But put your head in the sand you will be fine just fine your the second largest airline in the world;)

Last edited:
Expect more of these joint press releases cos Delta is going to eventually buy Alaska.
While you missed on the ALK to Mexico prediction, you nailed the SEA to Far East part. I have noticed you being pretty good at your predictions before. Do I smell a pretty solid inside scoop? ;) Given that, can you share why you are so sure DAL will buy ALK? Aren't you with SKYW?

More planes... More flying to kinda new cities .. IE .. city pairs .. SAN flying to increase by 5x in the next few years .. Base to follow ... Just a guess

Yes big party to celebrate the 900ER... Then management is going to pat themselves on the back tell you what a great job you and they are doing. Then dim the lights and tell you about the new order... About time! Think South GL. We will never merge our product is far superior to yours... Yours sucks... Well maybe not sucks but its not a very good product. Old tired planes even older miserable FA's. Have you flown on any of the international careers? New planes nice crews the product isn't even similar. But put your head in the sand you will be fine just fine your the second largest airline in the world;)

South, eh? Good. Go to Managua and Bogota from LA! Have fun with that. I know we used to do LA to São Paulo nonstop on a 767 and it was close to 12 hours enroute, so you won't be doing that. Also, have you been down to a lot of those places yet? Not that much fun. Cancun, maybe. Bogota or Managua, not so much. Don't you currently do allnight turns from LA to Mexico City? Turns? Yuck. Do you do the same to GDL? That doesn't sound fun at all. And you asked have I flown any international "careers?" Are you drunk? I actually don't fly on INTL carriers, but I believe our product is improving, and the revenue produced has been huge. So, enjoy Ecuador on those new 739ERs, I won't be, I'll be in Europe enjoying a nice dinner and beverage. Bye!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
While you missed on the ALK to Mexico prediction, you nailed the SEA to Far East part. I have noticed you being pretty good at your predictions before. Do I smell a pretty solid inside scoop? ;) Given that, can you share why you are so sure DAL will buy ALK? Aren't you with SKYW?

Erlanger only predicted more of the same. His prediction about a merger is the same one pilots at both companies keep chatting about. I'm skeptical he has any inside information.

Of course the announcement was for more Far East flying for Delta. That's what Delta does out of SEA. And of course the press release said this flying was due to the close partnership Delta has with Alaska. That flying couldn't exist without it.

Like someone else said. "Why buy the cow?" An airline will only make a move on AS if they feel like their West Coast feed is threatened.

If I may quote a favorite movie:

• No, not actually. Our operation is small enough not to be noticed...which is advantageous for everybody since our customers are anxious to avoid attracting attention to themselves.

• Aren't you afraid [Delta/American/SWA] is going to find out about this little operation and shut you down?

• That's always been a danger looming like a shadow over everything we've built here. But things have developed that will insure security.

Latest resources

Back