Divorce

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heyas Mega,

I agree. I was in the enviable position of my wife making a fair bit more than my august personage. When she split, I thought long and hard about hitting HER up for alimony, just to see how far I could push the legal system.
But I blew it off because we had come to an equitable agreement for the split. We were only married for two years, so I chalked it up to a bad call on my part.

Then she tried to lawyer up to snake me for a bunch of assets when I had a ton of stuff that I should have been recovering from her...student loans, sold property that I had paid some notes on, etc.

When this, along with the pre-nup, was pointed out to her lawyer, they settled up mighty quick.

Over the course of two years, the whole marriage cost me about 60k, including wedding, ring, and a new car for her. She didn't get a dime from me at all in the divorce, and my legal fees/court costs were only $1500.

I urge anyone considering marrage to get a pre-nup. Considering the odds, it may be the best money you ever spend.

Nu
I AGREE 100%

Interesting how the discussion died when that little detail came into the picture, isn't it?

I couldn't agree with you more, but I can't force her to see it. I also couldn't get her to contribute in any way to the household, come home from the bar five nights a week, be faithful and stay disease free, attend counseling or handle any of her responsibilities.

After two agonizing years I can't take any more. I certainly don't feel cavalier about the split or, more importantly, the impact it will have on my children, but at this point it is the lesser of two evils. The only reason I posted here is to seek the advice of people who have gone through this before because I don't want to make any decisions that I will regret later and right now I am simply not 100%.

I love women.

I couldn't agree with you more, but I can't force her to see it. I also couldn't get her to contribute in any way to the household, come home from the bar five nights a week, be faithful and stay disease free, attend counseling or handle any of her responsibilities.

After two agonizing years I can't take any more. I certainly don't feel cavalier about the split or, more importantly, the impact it will have on my children, but at this point it is the lesser of two evils. The only reason I posted here is to seek the advice of people who have gone through this before because I don't want to make any decisions that I will regret later and right now I am simply not 100%.

Rip it off like a band-aid, slower = more agony

With this situation, you only need to worry about the kids.

If she likes bars that much, a DNA test may be justified, she does'nt need to know.

Best of luck

Marriage is grand, divorce is $50,000.

I just finalized mine as well. It's a good thing she cheated, I have proof (photo and email evidence, signed affiidavit, etc ) AND she makes a lot more money than I can make as a pilot. Give me my truck and my clothes, joint custody (3 boys) and I'm on my way.

By the way, I lost 55 lbs, dropped from 35% to 10% body fat and started seeing a smokin' hot chick after the big "D". Bye Bye you cold hearted, egotistical, life-sucking b!thc!!!!!

Marriage is grand, divorce is $50,000.

I just finalized mine as well. It's a good thing she cheated, I have proof (photo and email evidence, signed affiidavit, etc ) AND she makes a lot more money than I can make as a pilot. Give me my truck and my clothes, joint custody (3 boys) and I'm on my way.

By the way, I lost 55 lbs, dropped from 35% to 10% body fat and started seeing a smokin' hot chick after the big "D". Bye Bye you cold hearted, egotistical, life-sucking b!thc!!!!!

Cheers !

I love hot women!

Latest resources

Back