Divorce

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jergar999

I filed yesterday. Wife and I have agreed to joint physical and legal custody, house will sell and we will split the proceeds, equal time with the kids, and I give her $510/month in child support for three kids. I think I have everything set up pretty well, just wanted to hear from anyone here if there is anything I might be missing, or any advice in general.

Man, I would take that deal in a second. I'm paying 1,700 per month in alimony and 2,000 per month for my two sons. Get in writing and get her finalized before she changes her mind.

Sorry to hear that. I wish all the best to you and your children in your times of trial.

Going through the same thing right now. We're keeping the jackals out of it. We didn't have any kids, so we are in a little better situation. Can't even imagine with kids.

Hang in there. Obviously, nobody knows the situation that led up to your split, but what is really helping me is being able to forge a new future, according to what I desire.

Yes, divorcing sucks and that whole 'tentative plan' that we all have in our heads for our future has been erased. I try to focus on an analogy:

One day, I'm sitting there with my wife's and my future laid out on a dry-erase board. I'm sitting there, reading and studying this plan and doing the best to hold up my end, doing what I think is right.

Then, all of the sudden. Things change. Something changes. It's as if a big eraser comes by and wipes clean my future...the dry erase board that once held our future is CLEAN. It's empty. Gone. A clean slate.

Then somebody (God ?) walks over to me and puts a marker in my hand and says: Here's a marker....that board is blank. Write your own future. It's up to you.

There world is yours !! Live strong.

PS I know I'm gonna catch a bunch of flack for posting this, but I don't give a f**k. Divorce sucks. No way around it.

I look at it this way. My "old" life has ended. Over. Gone. I have been given a great opportunity to shape my own future. I hope you can do the same. Be positive.

Live like the "Duke".

Read his thread if you haven't. He died living a life full. Live yours full as well.

Sorry to say it but wake up and smell the coffee there is no such thing as a good deal either way you are f ed fot rest of your life no matter what happenes in the future. I thought that my deal was good but in the end I lost over 1 mil and my kids have been brainwashed. Remember there is nothing worse than a scorned woman.
Good luck.

I filed yesterday. Wife and I have agreed to joint physical and legal custody, house will sell and we will split the proceeds, equal time with the kids, and I give her $510/month in child support for three kids. I think I have everything set up pretty well, just wanted to hear from anyone here if there is anything I might be missing, or any advice in general.

No Alimony? Wow that's a great deal! Jump on that as soon as possible. My total commitment between Alimony and Child Support is $3800 monthly, for a long, L O N G time. Doesn't leave a whole lot to live on.

All in all being divorced sucks. No clean slate here as another responder wrote. Just alone, unarmed and unafraid.

Do whatever you have to as far as keeping up your relationship with your kids. They are the only thing that matters now.

Oh and one other thing, never, EVER get remarried. Women suck! They're clearly not worth the skin that surrounds their cold, black, soul-less skeletons.

Man, I would take that deal in a second. I'm paying 1,700 per month in alimony and 2,000 per month for my two sons. Get in writing and get her finalized before she changes her mind.
Geez where do you live? I don't care how much you make . You were raped!

Everything is already in writing. The complaint for divorce, affidavit of consent and marital settlement agreement are already filed with the family court in the appropriate circuit.

I appreciate everyones advice here. Divorce really sucks. I have been miserable for the last three years or so and it still hits hard every time I'm alone, especially at night.

Latest resources

Back