• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Divorce

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My grandfather's advice was that a man should never marry before he is 35.
My cousin did that but he's divorced.
But that's because he married the girl he was dating at the time so he could have kids. Didn't love her, and kids don't love him. Not because of anything she did in this case, they just sense it. Mostly though my friends have all dealt with the psycho who turns the kids against the Dad. This should be criminally outlawed.
I think that our media and our legal system has ruined real family creation. Women know how to and have completely manipulated the system with a bunch of tears at the pity party known as a HEARING. We now have a whole generation of kids growing up with psycho mom and learning their twisted warped view on family life. This they are sure to pass on their children with their failed marriages.

I have known some guys who are very seriously dangerous players. No condom, no scruples, and always lying to get what they want from the next warm body. Married or not. Let's suffice it to say it comes from both sides.

If you REALLY WANT a family and a satisfied wife, here's the secret....

If your wife is chattering away, thinking every thought out loud, then she's in her happy place. (Depending on the wife, this can vary extremely, so you may have to exercise your patience). If you are home from the road and you hear silence and she is in the house, while you may feel blessed, you are in danger! Not only must you approach the prickly pear, you must hug it, caress it lovingly, and use all your man wiles to soften it's spines and make it talk about what is up. (The key is she KNOWS you tuned her out yesterday or the day before. She knows you aren't engaged with the current program focus of reentry into household living anymore. Now she's pissed or starting to be.) So hug that sow! (Which brings us to appearance. "Do you think I'm fat? (Answer) "Yes (endearment in your mind.) You were thinner when we met, and I think you are sensitive to that. I think you are unhappy with yourself because you put on a few, but so have I (lie if necessary to take the sting out). Do you think I'm fat?" No
Next question, "Do you love me less? (NO) Well see I don't love you less, however why don't we go walking/to the gym/ together tomorrow, and let's make it a habit. It's something we can do every day together." (Make sure you add in that in).
Summary: Women typically have an imagination that most men can't fathom. Just like a man's imagination runs wild sexually, a WOMANS MIND RUNS WILD ON EVERY OTHER TOPIC UNLESS SHE IS TRYING TO LAND A GUY. So while you are in her sights, you will get everything you want. However, the really nice girl you bypassed for the slut could pull a Jamie Lee Curtis on you.
So pick a nice girl who has nice friends and a nice family. Be true to that relationship, be consistent with regular calls from the road, and try to be a little impulsive occasionally with ideas for things to do together. Require a prenup, but create penalties for both parties, unless you have some sort of family trust to protect. In other words, work out the divorce before you are angry. Also, it might help keep you honest. ;)

Ideas Courtesy of my sister and Life Experience.

Yours Humbly,

PP

Pre-nup!!!

A woman's perspective...

Get married for the right reasons and make sure your partner signs a pre-nup. And for goodness sake, have all those uncomfortable and important conversations (money, debt, kids, responsibilities, crazy hobbies, unfulfilled sexual fantasies) before you get married.

My husband is the most important person in the entire world to me. He weighs into every decision I make. I make sure he knows how much I respect him and he does the same for me. I don't stay out late drinking on the road because I know that is disrespectful to him. I always try to look good for him. That being said, I am my own person. I think people nowadays lose their personal identities when they get married and have kids. Sadly, too many woman plan the perfect wedding and give no thought towards a realistic marriage.

Also, a pre-nup is a must!! Our pre-nup addresses every aspect of our relationship. All those uncomfortable issues were addressed while we were in a good place and willing to treat each other with respect. It feels good to know that if things go sour in our relationship, our bases are covered and we can work on us, not wasting time on trying to screw each other over. Pre-nups these days can say anything. We have a clause where if one of us cheats, the other person will be compensated with a set dollar amount. Unconventional, I know. But it works for us....

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your divorce. Sometimes the hardest decision isn't the easiest decision, but your happiness is worth it. Good luck!

Man petite pilot really has a sensible grasp of the obvious. Kids growing up without 2 parents is an epidemic. There are many of us (I made the mistake twice) who marry or date for the wrong reasons. Looks ,sexuality. But you pay in the end. I've had to deal with two ex's who came from less than idylic backgrounds and I thought I could help and mold em. Not a chance. didn't do my homework and stayed on the bus too long. Had to deal with two hostile women when the realationships ended. Two custody fights .One them both, but could have been avoided. Lesson : Choose your life"s mate carefully....With this one decision comes 90 % of your pleasure and PAIN

Hang in there bro. My wife just recently said she wants a divorce. We have been married 10 years,we have two kids, she is a flight attendant and the only one working right now cause I got Furloughed in January. She is buddy bidding with some FO at ASA if that tells you anything. Everyone is telling me to take her to the cleaners and that is exactly what I thinking about doing, since the roles are reversed a little bit in my case.

WOW!!!!!! Sounds like you need to keep those records. Your lawyer will need those to prove how unfit a mother she is. I would take her to the cleaners. When I was married to my x fa at comair, the ho did some things and she got rewarded with half my flight school debt, my lawsuit just settled and she gets none of that. Take her to the cleaners!!!

Latest resources

Back