• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Displaced Capt. at ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilots were picking up trips (overtime is a mischaracterization) long before the contract was signed in 2007. Why shouldn't they now? Someone will have to fly them, otherwise--either by extensions or using reserves.

Average line values were between 83 and 87 hours for years. They will be again. When the economy turns around, growth will increase, and the need for pilots will increase.

Do what is best for your own family. No shame in that.

...Why shouldn't they now? Someone will have to fly them...

Other places with people on the street and people pick up open time people yell, scream and have a fit...ASA people say you gotta do what is best for you, I've got to get mine.

Seems like an awesome place work...so remember ASA furloughees--someone has to fly your trip, not you though, but someone and probably a displaced CA who has to pick the trip up for overtime because he needs to make his BMW payment.

Although it's kind of harsh, I agree. What people fail to understand is that maybe he/she didn't buy a BMW. Maybe after 4 years of FO pay living in a 1 bedroom apt with his wife and two kids in the ghetto, he purchased a modest three bedroom house in a better area for his family that has been sucking it up for the last four years or so, probably longer if he was like me and instructed for two years and FO'd at another regional before ASA. I feel for the FO's that got furloughed and will receive nothing but a lousy unemployment check. But I equally feel for the displaced captains that tried to make better lifestyles for their family's as well and now are not quite exactly sure where the additional funds to cover their "modest" lifestyle will come from.
That's a great point. There really are no winners in all of this, just survivers...

Other places with people on the street and people pick up open time people yell, scream and have a fit...ASA people say you gotta do what is best for you, I've got to get mine.

Seems like an awesome place work...so remember ASA furloughees--someone has to fly your trip, not you though, but someone and probably a displaced CA who has to pick the trip up for overtime because he needs to make his BMW payment.

Man, I don't know what airline you work for, but I've never seen a Captain here or an F/O get out of a BMW in our employee parking lot. However, I've seen alot of rampers do this, along with Escalades, Mercedes, and pimped out Lexus'..............................

Man, I don't know what airline you work for, but I've never seen a Captain here or an F/O get out of a BMW in our employee parking lot. However, I've seen alot of rampers do this, along with Escalades, Mercedes, and pimped out Lexus'..............................

I know one that has a Porsche

I would go to the 50 and enjoy your time off.

Latest resources

Back