Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Disgruntled furloughed Midwest pilot accuses "regional pilots" being inferior airmen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

It's exactly what you're doing to the rest of the industry, without given the common courtosy of a reach around.
But hey, it's all about you getting in some "heavy" time.

So what would you have us pilots do? And by the way it's not us but management and capitalistic market forces that are "doing" something to the industry. Are we supposed to quit or just refuse the flying and be fired? And we should do that because that's what all of you would do for us, right? By the way, that's not how you spell courtesy. Just thought you would like to know since you know everything else.

Last edited:

It's exactly what you're doing to the rest of the industry, without given the common courtosy of a reach around.
But hey, it's all about you getting in some "heavy" time.

While I'm correcting your spelling I'll give you a hand with grammar as well. It's giving not given when used in that context. When you use the english language properly it lends weight to your arguments and vice-versa.

With respect to the Midwest pilot's comments, he is spot on as I've written here before. It's a shame that those jobs and salaries are being replaced by jobs with lower pay.

Yeah, this guy should have included that companies like Midwest are taking flying away from major carriers such as Northwest, causing them to layoff some major airline pilots.

I posted his home address, but the mods seem to think that all pilots home addresses are not public info, they erased the post. For those of you looking to talk to him, go to the faa website and you'll find him. According to the Faa website he lives in
WI, if that is incorrect go be a dic and find him flying with the wrong address on file at the FAA. For some reason they actually take the rule serious.

O boy if it isn't the Republic hating cheerleader......

Hockey you are the biggest ********************tard, why don't you come out to MCI so I can shove my foot up your ass sideways, I know it will fit after all that man lovin you've been doing.
Love it, do feel if you act tuff we will forget what your wages have done to the industry?

Also he has a 1900 rating, I would guess he got that at Skyway, which they would hire you with 350 hours.

Was Midwest not a regional airline itself (or used to be)? This guy was basically bashing himself. Weird........

It depends how you define regional. If you define it on wages, then no, it's not. A Midwest pilot makes wages equivalent to a major pilot. They didn't have a pension, but we all know now that major pilots didn't either. They just thought they did. If you define it on where you fly, then no. Midwest flies to both coasts and had Skyway feeding it. The only thing regional about Midwest was its size. It only had 400 pilots when it was at its largest.

Last edited:
Agreed. That does not mean that Regional=unsafe and Major=safe. But experience does count for something.

Agreed,

I see alot of RJ drivers are pi$$ed off and I would be too. Take it easy and look what is going on. I can see why the Meh Captain is pi$$ed off. If I got outsourced the way the he did I would be pi$$ed off too.

I don't agree with the guy sounding off the way he has about this crash, since, we obviously will not know the cause until the NTSB is finished.

I don't think anyone believes that planes just fall out of the sky as cockpit experience levels drop. The real issue here is scope andthe erosion of jobs held by guys that have "put in their dues" because managers have a viable alternative by replacing "mainline" flying with regional jets and crews with less experience (in general) for less pay. Let's be real, when did a 90 seat aircraft become a regional jet?

It's my fault as well, or should I say our fault for allowing the relaxation of scope clauses. I came from a regional airline and I flew a 50 seat jet for $56/hour. I was once told that I should be ashamed for flying at this rate.

Now that I am looking back I don't know the real answer to the problem because it is true that there is no shortage of people willing to fly at the regional airlines for sh!tt! pay and work rules.

This will continue to be an issue as Airline Managers continue to find ways around scope in order get around paying us what we deserve. What's next?, 110 seat regional(laugh) jets for brand X connection service.

Regional guys don't get too worked up over what this guy wrote. In a few years you may have a different opinion.

It depends how you define regional. If you define it on wages, then no, it's not. A Midwest pilot makes wages equivalent to a major pilot. They didn't have a pension, but we all know now that major pilots didn't either. They just thought they did. If you define it on where you fly, then no. Midwest flies to both coasts and had Skyway feeding it. The only thing regional about Midwest was its size. It only had 400 pilots when it was at its largest.

Correction: Midwest pilots have a DB pension and a DC pension.

Midwest issues tickets and creates its own routes. It is its own (well it used to be) airline. Republic doesn't do any of this.

Last edited:
Also he has a 1900 rating, I would guess he got that at Skyway, which they would hire you with 350 hours.

Maybe when you came in, but back then most new FO's had more total time than a junior Emb170 CA getting off high mins 2 years ago.

Latest resources

Back