Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Disgruntled furloughed Midwest pilot accuses "regional pilots" being inferior airmen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The biggest mistake we are making is managment is winning. All this "infighting" we are loosing out.

Instead of working together we acuse each other of inferior airmenship. Very professsional. BTW did you know they are calling it the MIRACLE on the hudson.

This guy probably commuted on Piedmont or ASA to get to HHH. Wonder if he thinks the same about us every time he was sitting in the back...

My thoughts exactly. Just looking at the Piedmont MDT base, there are 48 Captains. If you are in the top 7, you were hired in the 1970's, if you are in the top 31, you had to be hired in the 1980's.

Even Sully, with all his years of flying, would be number 8 out of 48 Captains. Would this be enough to get holiday vacations and weekends off? Depends on the month I guess.

I guess if the pinnacle of my career was being furloughed from flying a DC-9 I'd be pretty disgruntled too. I remember reading lots of outlandish letters and articles after the Comair crash a few years ago as well. What can you do really.

The first officers at Midwest that are still flying are making over $100/hour. The captains are making $153/hour. The Republic pilots that are replacing them make significantly less. First Officers topping out at $37/hour with captains making around $70/hour. Midwest was a decent company that paid decent wages. These unfortunate pilots are watching their jobs be replaced with lower paid, less experienced pilots. I do not agree with his assault on the Colgan crew, but his message is true. He just didn't go about it in the best way possible. I wish some of you Republic 170 pilots would take your head out of your ass (wow, I can say "ass" on this board) and understand that the only reason you have that flying is because of your pathetic wages.

The first officers at Midwest that are still flying are making over $100/hour. The captains are making $153/hour. The Republic pilots that are replacing them make significantly less. First Officers topping out at $37/hour with captains making around $70/hour. Midwest was a decent company that paid decent wages. These unfortunate pilots are watching their jobs be replaced with lower paid, less experienced pilots. I do not agree with his assault on the Colgan crew, but his message is true. He just didn't go about it in the best way possible. I wish some of you Republic 170 pilots would take your head out of your ass (wow, I can say "ass" on this board) and understand that the only reason you have that flying is because of your pathetic wages.

O boy if it isn't the Republic hating cheerleader......

Hockey you are the biggest ********************tard, why don't you come out to MCI so I can shove my foot up your ass sideways, I know it will fit after all that man lovin you've been doing.

O boy if it isn't the Republic hating cheerleader......

Hockey you are the biggest ********************tard, why don't you come out to MCI so I can shove my foot up your ass sideways, I know it will fit after all that man lovin you've been doing.
Curr Position:
Donkey Punchin
It's exactly what you're doing to the rest of the industry, without given the common courtosy of a reach around.
But hey, it's all about you getting in some "heavy" time.

I think most people in the industry are aware Piedmont doesnt move anywhere...including the pilots. He probably knows our Captains (and some FOs) have more experience than anyone he flies with.

Well, as a Piedmont Captain and flying in and out of HHH a bunch, I will be looking for this numbnuts when he does (hopefully not) get employeed and if I do give him a ride he'll get a hear full from me.

But then again, I guess I will just leave him in HHH since we aren't experienced enough for him.

What a douchbag...... I think over half our Captain have more hours then this dude.

Idiot. When you get recalled (or should I say IF you get recalled) good luck riding my jumpseat.

Last edited:
Was Midwest not a regional airline itself (or used to be)? This guy was basically bashing himself. Weird........

Latest resources

Back