Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Disgruntled furloughed Midwest pilot accuses "regional pilots" being inferior airmen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[My] dumb question: Sine when did Midwest become a 'major' airline?

This is nothing more than one regional pilot who lost his job complaining about other regional pilots who took it.

Regional Airlines take from each other every day of the week.

The airline business is cut-throat and has been ever since deregulation. It has become the way of life and it isn't going away. Learn to live with it.

Kaley's rant is no different than all the others.

How does this ding bat explain all the horrible crashes at major airlines? For example, Continental in Denver, Southwest in Chicago, American Airlines 2002 in NYC (that guy who kicked the rudder back and forth until the tail fell off). Who's inferior now? Regional pilots operate more flights to more challenging airports than any one else, and we do it with an incredible safety record. Go cry in your milk, you dorky, jaded, major airline pilots...

I have grown up around pilots, both military and civilian ( yes Major) and most of them agree the most difficult 121 job is the hand flying the beech 1900 at 10,000 in crappy weather for 8 legs a day, ending up at an uncontrolled field at 2am. And no, I'm not saying that because I flew the 1900 as I never did.

Statistically we have all been taught that most mistakes that lead to crashes occur in the critical phase. I would love to see a ratio of how much time a regional puke spends in the critical phase and that time vs crash, and compare that to a major. Yes, majors used to take a DC-8 to macon, but not anymore.

Last edited:
Wonder what this Midwest jerk has to say about the Turkish crash in AMS. According to news, tne Captain was one of ther most experienced pilots. Seems like they just sit there and watch the aircraft fly right into the ground. (OK I'll admit that is pure speculation just like the Midwest jerk is speculating about the Colgan crash).

Latest resources

Back