• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Disconnecting Hobbs Meter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Out of curiosity, you state that your intentions aren't shady, yet you are surprised and disagree with most posters who take the "moral high road."

CLR2LAN said:
Absolutely - I would have never though everyone on this board took the moral high road. - should have posted it in regionals.

Guys and gals. If you could please keep the discussion on track and not let it turn into another name calling thread that would be great. You all have some good points and interesting discussion as long as it does not fall apart.

thanks in advance,
lh

As the poster came to the maintenance forum looking for mechanics who would detail over the internet a method of accomplishing an illegal act for questionable purposes, and who has repeatedly refused to reveal his reasons...and who reports that he is shocked these same mechanics hold high moral values and professional ethics...it's difficult to not call a spade a spade. Sounds like flame bait, acts like flame bait, smells like flame bait, tastes like flame bait.

Let's call it a fish.

Avbug,

I agree.
Also, Longhorn made his post after having removed a couple of CLR2LAN's posts. They were in between my last two and not very...lets say, "kind."

I agree. The guy is baiting us. He sounded like a master at it as well. Therefore, he is a master baiter and we should move on.

LS

Jets don't have a tach so use the air switch connected to the hobbs meter to keep track of flight time. All mainetenance and usually lease back fees are registered with the hobbs meter. Have heard of quite long flights that never got recorded pulling the breaker.

All the jets I have operated had no hobbs. The engineer records all times in the logbook which is how everything is tracked. Actually some do have hobbs, but just for apu time.

Amish,
I put the 2 posts back up with the language edits so that your posts make sense. I hope this helps.

minitour said:
Agreed...but maybe we're not thinking outside the box enough.

Maybe this isn't to "fool" someone as the Tach would never allow that.

SMOH, 100 HR, ADs all based on Tach.

-mini

Again, I have to ask where does it say that a tach meter is required? A tach, yes, but the meter part of a tach is not required. Not a single one of our planes has a tach meter or a hobbs and they are operated part 135.

A tach meter as you put it is that a tachometer? I think that you mean a recording Tach? A tachometer is a required instrument for an aircraft engine, thats in 14CFR21 and 14CFR91. It may also be required by the individual aircrafts equipment list.

Latest resources

Back