DHL looses a can in Baghdad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skaz,

Let me know when you become a US citizen, and then your opinion will mean something...

as for your threat, let me know when you will be in Atlanta, I would be happy to take you up on your offer.

Arcticflier,

Thanks and actually saw Senna and Schuie run against each other last night on Speed Channel: The 1993 Belgian GP, when SHuie was with Benetton. Result: Graham Hill, Michael, Alain Prost, then Ayrton. It was so cool to see them all race. Speed is running all the races from 1993 on Sunday nights.

Last edited:
Amazing. The topic doesn't deserve mention until the 10th paragraph of the article, and even then the airplane is referred to as a "courier plane." Imagine the uproar had the same airplane been loaded with 220 pax.

I agree 100%. Just like FedEx in TLH...it was **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** near impossible to find any media coverage on that. I guess pilots don't count in the loss of life numbers. :mad:

1) Bush is not a good president.

2) We should never went to Iraq in the first place and Wouldn't had September 11th not happened. Bush is a war mongul like his father.

3) But yes its too late to pull out now. Its just pathetic why we are there though. Trying to be the world's police force. Look at our country's debt!!!! Lets focus on our problems and stop helping other countries and their economic and political problems.

Thats the facts folks! Plain and simple.

The way we need to fight these insurgents is the same way Saddam Hussein fought them - you not only kill them, but you kill their entire family - you bring down the whole family tree right down to the family pet. Then you drape them in pigskins and put them on public display - these people are terrorists, enemy of 'peaceful Islam.'

Now, at the same time, you get Halliburton contractors out of there, and you have Iraqi companies staffed by Iraqis rebuilding their own country under our supervision. You give them jobs, you pay them well more than they were paid during Saddam, and you let them take charge of their destiny. This is all while you block Al-Jazeera signal and Al-Arabiya and broadcast how things are REALLY going - schools improving, how electrical grids are now better, installing new towers, and you praise those hard-working Iraqis who made a choice to rebuild their country. You also broadcast your intentions to leave and you start reducing REGULAR troop levels, while bringing in special forces to deal with insurgents. You bring them jobs, you bring them money, and you deal with insurgents HARSHLY by THEIR standard, and that would be the end of it.

The problem with this plan is that it calls for gory ways - something that our nation cannot deal with. Imagine the public outcry here if we killed some insurgents and then executed their families, draped them in pigskins and left them out on display like that. To us, it's repugnant, immoral, etc.
You have to fight a war at its lowest common denominator which in this case is insurgents. We have the know-how to beat them in their own game. We choose not to do it for political reasons.

"2) We should never went to Iraq in the first place and Wouldn't had September 11th not happened. Bush is a war mongul like his father."

OK first,

"We should never went to Iraq in the first place and Wouldn't had September 11th not happened."

Verb tense.....look into it.

Second,

"Bush is a war mongul like his father."

War Mongul? What the....?

I think what you meant was war monger.

War: I think we know what that is. + Monger: origin from the Greek word, manganon, for broker or dealer = war monger: someone who stirs up war desire or sentiment.

Mongul....no such word

Mongol: people who's ethnic background is chiefly from the peoples of northern and eastern Asia, Malaysians, Eskimos, and often American Indians

So your use of the term "war mongul" seems to either be un-educated or racist in nature. Which one are you?

Sorry, just had to poke a little fun at this one.

I'm sure the world is gonna come to an end any moment now, because I agree with Bart. I'm gonna be sick. :eek:

While I will always maintain we had no business in Iraq this time (Afganistan, yes. Iraq, no) and we are just creating more of our own problems with this stellar move ... if we are going to fight another guerilla war, let's not repeat the mistakes of Vietnam. Let's not try to fight it with our nuts on a rope.

We will never win with foot patrols and a 'Hearts and Minds' program. We will win, and thus extricate ourselves from this horrendous foul-up, by LEVELING THE G@DD@MN PLACE. No half-@ssed measures this time around. I want my government and our military leaders to do everything necessary to mop this up and safely bring my former comrades home. Public opinion be d@mned! That god-forsaken sand pit is not worth even ONE more American life. Pull the press out ... then level it!

Skaz - If I've read your posts correctly you are not an American citizen. And if that is so, you were never a 'tabbed' member of the US Army Special Forces. A candy-striper maybe, but you didn't go to Q-school. Sorry if I misread.

Minh

bart said;
The Sandinista's were chucked out of Nicaragua the same way.

Sorry, your usual rhetoric can't carry you through this one. In 1990 under internationally monitored elections AND right after the war and years of US coercion, 41% of the people still voted for the Sandinista party candidates. Today, the FSLN is the largest and most popular party in Nicaragua and continue to build upon successes of the FSLN's previous years. Reagan's/Bush Sr's embarassing policies were the only ones that were "chucked out".

The methods of which you speak didn't seem to work as well as you thought.

Your knowledge of Nicaragua is hilariously lacking.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back