Delta workforce reduction coming

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I
I don't think either carrier is in a superior position. In fact with both stock prices at all time lows, you both are ripe takeover targets. Both carriers are worth less than $3 Billion and both have about that much cash on hand. Not to mention other less liquid assets in the neighborhood of $8-10 billion. Some entity could gain control of either company for $1.5 -$2.0 billion and make a ton of money just selling off the pieces.

There is one major difference. NWA does have a poison pill provision. DAL does not.

Schwanker

If any of you talk to United pilots, there are substantial rumors of Tilton toying with the idea of doing exactly this to United.

"Toying" with the idea?

Tilton has been openly shopping UAL, (all or some) like a cheap whore for many months.

Thanks for the news flash.

Oh, by the way...I heard New York's governor might have been seeing a prostitute!!

Poison pills are for hostile takeovers

Poison pills aren't used when the CEO is shopping for buyers. Notice Steenland says consolidation is inevitable and that the airline is going to have to shrink. Remember to when Steenland backed away from merger talks last month and the board spanked him and sent him back?

I don't think the pilots can successfully oppose a merger. They need to focus on getting something out of it. If they are seen as obstructionist, they will lose.

It doesn't matter. If the employees make a big enough stink about it (with politicians by their side), a merger or takeover will not happen. (no matter what Wall St wants)

Bye Bye--General Lee

You owe that to the democrats and the liberals......Let me guess you are neither. Heaven forbid these liberals - who want to change the country for the better - I mean these liberals want a gas tax to keep people from driving SUVs at 16 miles per gallon. These Liberals are so crazy if we actually changed our behaviors and bought cars that get an average of 55mpg (like the Europeans Thats an average too!). We might actually see the price per a barrel go down to 30-40 dollars and then we could demand a raise and actually get it.

Last edited:
I don't think either carrier is in a superior position. In fact with both stock prices at all time lows, you both are ripe takeover targets. Both carriers are worth less than $3 Billion and both have about that much cash on hand. Not to mention other less liquid assets in the neighborhood of $8-10 billion. Some entity could gain control of either company for $1.5 -$2.0 billion and make a ton of money just selling off the pieces. If any of you talk to United pilots, there are substantial rumors of Tilton toying with the idea of doing exactly this to United.

My oh my just confirms how dumb pilots are.....If you buy out a company you do get their assets but you also get their DEBTS.

Poison pills aren't used when the CEO is shopping for buyers. Notice Steenland says consolidation is inevitable and that the airline is going to have to shrink. Remember to when Steenland backed away from merger talks last month and the board spanked him and sent him back?

I don't think the pilots can successfully oppose a merger. They need to focus on getting something out of it. If they are seen as obstructionist, they will lose.

You were just speaking of the companies reduced market caps make them ripe takeover targets--AKA a hostile takeover.

The NWA BOD was expecting a premium on shares which were trading closer to $20 at the time. $3B aint going to cut it. NWA is in a better position to weather the current crises, especially given the debt schedule. Hopefully this doesn't result in C11 part two with Steenland's last man standing strategy! I wouldn't put it past him. C11 won't be as kind going forward.

Schwanker

Usair?

It doesn't matter. If the employees make a big enough stink about it (with politicians by their side), a merger or takeover will not happen. (no matter what Wall St wants)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Just like USAIR? You truly are the stupidest person here, General-you deserve a prize!

I think once the details actually emerge of what DAL's position was IRT to NWA seniority it will be pretty embarrassing for the DAL pilots that Moak (new call sign "pumps") tubed the deal.

I think, from info I have gotten from your OWN pilots...that you are wrong.

There is one major difference. NWA does have a poison pill provision. DAL does not.

Schwanker

Here's the problem for you. The poison pill is for HOSTILE takeovers. Steenland WANTS to merge. No poison pill. Delta is the initiator, and NWA was the receiver. That's the way you guys like it I guess. This aint BK anymore and you can't just do a hostile takeover. Airlines are asking each other to dance. Some are begging---and Steenland is saying consolidation is "inevitable" and now he is also saying your airline may need shrinking. You already know about the 30 DC9-30s, but maybe more are on the way out. Steenland will make you pay for your entitlement issues.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back