• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta workforce reduction coming

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta is fessing up. NWA can't be in any better shape.

NWA negotiators, time to give up your crack pipes.

Wonder what Occam has to say. He has been quiet over the weekend.
I know that there has been some stuff going on, but it truly sounds dead, unless as you say NWA stops smoking the crack.

Just off the DAL stock blog, take it for what its worth.

"Just steped out of a meeting with R.A.
F/A . Mechanics . ACS . any non pilot job that has over 29.5 years Seniority and is at least 52 years old. Has an opportunity for a 5 or 5 plan plus flt benifits and $200 a month medical cost if you retire between April 1st and June 1st of 2008. Good luck to everyone hope you make the window. "

Looks like some cuts are on the way...[/quot

Just curious, what is a 5 or 5 plan?

Wonder what Occam has to say. He has been quiet over the weekend.
I know that there has been some stuff going on, but it truly sounds dead, unless as you say NWA stops smoking the crack.

I can't speak for Occam or our negotiators at NWA, but the general feel around NWA is we want to remain seperate.

Pilots weren't able to hold up CH11, and we certainly won't be able to hold up a 20 Billion $ Wall street deal.

Steenland did put out a note today implying a tightening of our expenses and fuel use.

Tomorrow there is a meeting in New York at the Waldorf Astoria. The Airline Trade Conference hosted by a Wall Street financial Co. Most airlines are to present there including NWA and DAL.

Oh please lord let the silver lining in this be that we lose a bunch of our triple digit seniority F/A's. Nobody should require a walker to do that job.

Pilots weren't able to hold up CH11, and we certainly won't be able to hold up a 20 Billion $ Wall street deal.

Even if you can't hold it up, wouldn't you like to have a say in what happens? And some equity? My Delta buddies are bending over backwards to make this happen.

You want to take all their widebodies and all the money.

Good luck.

Delta is fessing up. NWA can't be in any better shape.

NWA negotiators, time to give up your crack pipes.

Hey Jackass - NWA is actually running a much leaner ship than DAL, and while we all bleed at $110/bbl we have substantially less exposure. As to crack pipes, I hope you enjoy making cheap shots from the outside looking in - it'll be a while before you go anywhere. I think once the details actually emerge of what DAL's position was IRT to NWA seniority it will be pretty embarrassing for the DAL pilots that Moak (new call sign "pumps") tubed the deal.

Pilot diviseness

It is distressing watching both pilot groups attack each other. This is exactly what management wants. I hope that both MEC's are planning for a merger without their support, because economic reality, and the shareholders want it.

I don't think either carrier is in a superior position. In fact with both stock prices at all time lows, you both are ripe takeover targets. Both carriers are worth less than $3 Billion and both have about that much cash on hand. Not to mention other less liquid assets in the neighborhood of $8-10 billion. Some entity could gain control of either company for $1.5 -$2.0 billion and make a ton of money just selling off the pieces. If any of you talk to United pilots, there are substantial rumors of Tilton toying with the idea of doing exactly this to United.

If you don't think that is a possibility you haven't been paying attention to Wall Street and Bear Stearns. The giant banking instituitons and hedge funds need cash right NOW and DAL & NWA have giant targets pasted on their asses.

It is distressing watching both pilot groups attack each other. This is exactly what management wants. I hope that both MEC's are planning for a merger without their support, because economic reality, and the shareholders want it.

I don't think either carrier is in a superior position. In fact with both stock prices at all time lows, you both are ripe takeover targets. Both carriers are worth less than $3 Billion and both have about that much cash on hand. Not to mention other less liquid assets in the neighborhood of $8-10 billion. Some entity could gain control of either company for $1.5 -$2.0 billion and make a ton of money just selling off the pieces. If any of you talk to United pilots, there are substantial rumors of Tilton toying with the idea of doing exactly this to United.

If you don't think that is a possibility you haven't been paying attention to Wall Street and Bear Stearns. The giant banking instituitons and hedge funds need cash right NOW and DAL & NWA have giant targets pasted on their asses.

It doesn't matter. If the employees make a big enough stink about it (with politicians by their side), a merger or takeover will not happen. (no matter what Wall St wants)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back