• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Uniform Opinion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't mind the uniform, but the hat needs to go. It also sucks that the NWA pilots are only getting $400 to buy an $800 uniform.

What is the real deal on the shoes. The info we got says black leather lace ups. Are they that anal about lace ups or can you wear loafers? At nwa, I believe our fom says no tassells but you see a lot of them. Personally I think a nice loafer, tasselled or not looks better than some of the lace ups I have seen worn by pilots of all airlines. Alot of them look like a rentacop with the deerstags and some of the less expensive brands. Thanks

No loafers...that`s why it`s called a "uniform"
From Websters..Uniform...adj.(1) not varying
(2)of the same form as all the others.

What is the real deal on the shoes. The info we got says black leather lace ups. Are they that anal about lace ups or can you wear loafers? At nwa, I believe our fom says no tassells but you see a lot of them. Personally I think a nice loafer, tasselled or not looks better than some of the lace ups I have seen worn by pilots of all airlines. Alot of them look like a rentacop with the deerstags and some of the less expensive brands. Thanks

The shoes are suppose to be "plain toe lace type" shoes. I have smooth leather, laceless shoes that slip on and I have had a check airman and a check airman wannabe tell me that they are not lace up shoes. I told them that they are "lace type" they just don't have laces. I still have them and will wear them until the soles fall off. You do see a few guys with slip on shoes, but you don't see anyone with shoes that have designs in the leather and tassles. If they are plain smooth leather slip on shoes, you probably will be fine. I've heard that they are planning on having that changed so that slip on shoes will be allowed. Right now, if you don't want to tie your shoes, the only option is the Justin Aviator boot.

Last edited:
Heyas,

I'd just wear what you want. It's going to be such a cluster for the first couple of years, no one is going have time to be uniform cops.

Anyone so wrapped up in themselves to be a self appointed tool, especially before SOC will no doubt have the legitamacy of their birth called into question.

Nu

Latest resources

Back