• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Uniform Opinion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When you get the fitting from Abbotts are they requiring you to buy everything at once? What I mean is can you buy the jacket, 2 pants, epaulets, tie and NOT the hat. I want to buy one from Premier Hats and not the Superior brand. Thanks.
Good question......how about the fact that by the time we are required to start wearing the Delta uniform it will likely be past the end of Feb 09 which means the double breasted jacket won't need to be worn until Nov 09. Why buy it now to put in the closet until Nov 09?

Good question......how about the fact that by the time we are required to start wearing the Delta uniform it will likely be past the end of Feb 09 which means the double breasted jacket won't need to be worn until Nov 09. Why buy it now to put in the closet until Nov 09?

Won't your planes be in the Delta "paint scheme" after the DCC? (or when they are painted, which some could be painted fairly soon afterwards I guess) Won't the stews and gate people be calling you "Delta flight XXX"? I know there is supposed to be a "codeshare" etc, but when would you be called "Delta" after the DCC? I don't know. IF you are called Delta, then I suppose you would be required to wear a Delta uniform by then.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Won't your planes be in the Delta "paint scheme" after the DCC? (or when they are painted, which some could be painted fairly soon afterwards I guess) Won't the stews and gate people be calling you "Delta flight XXX"? I know there is supposed to be a "codeshare" etc, but when would you be called "Delta" after the DCC? I don't know. IF you are called Delta, then I suppose you would be required to wear a Delta uniform by then.

Bye Bye--General Lee

RTFQ....what he means is when the DL uniform is required for the n-dub guys, the jacket won't be required until the next fall. Therefore.....

Being PLAYED by Mgt Well, I See...

:erm:

Call me crazy (or rather "Been there done that,") but it sure seems like the old aviation mgt (or even union1 vs union2) negotiating trick of having the pilots focus on something insignificant in the grand scheme of things (eg: HATS, UNIFORM issues) is working well here.

Don't even TELL me this stuff is going to be barter material for you guys down the road.

FOCUS people, focus....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

scope

scheduling

They WANT you focused on this piddly stuff...meanwhile the cuts will keep coming...

Ford & Harrison sure never change their tactics when they infect these companies, do they?

:erm:

Call me crazy (or rather "Been there done that,") but it sure seems like the old aviation mgt (or even union1 vs union2) negotiating trick of having the pilots focus on something insignificant in the grand scheme of things (eg: HATS, UNIFORM issues) is working well here.

Don't even TELL me this stuff is going to be barter material for you guys down the road.

FOCUS people, focus....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

scope

scheduling

They WANT you focused on this piddly stuff...meanwhile the cuts will keep coming...

Ford & Harrison sure never change their tactics when they infect these companies, do they?

What are you talking about? For 7300 of us, its just a new widget sitting on our uniform that doesnt cost a thing nor will I really even notice it. For the others, they get our snazzy sailor uniforms...

No contract negotiations to come for a while now...

Bye Bye--General Lee
The internal memo WE got said NWA crews to wear Delta uniform starting next Spring. What? There's some intel we got that YOU didn't know????? Wow. Hard to Believe.

BTW, If our a/c are to be in Delta livery by DCC......well, let's just say they better get to painting.

Last edited:
For those of those of you who are worried about the uniform police- just try to conform close to what the FOM says. I had an F/O show up for work about a year ago in cowboy boots and a guitar strapped to his back. He flew just about as good- he thought that a vertical speed descent at 1000 fpm would work when the descent page kept on climbing as to what was required. he was basically worthless-I thought he must have been a company plant to see if I would do anything.

ok, I can see, MAYBE, a relationship with not following a uniform policy as a reflection of not complying with profiles. However, what does carrying a guitar have to do with anything? Was he violating a policy with that too?

Bye Bye--General Lee
A/C will be painted as they come up for scheduled paint job. They will most likely put a Delta decal someplace on the a/c . It will take 3/5 yrs to paint all a/c...This from past experience.

Jetjockey,

Why are you taking it so personally that you guys were able to raise the bar for us. Are you the type of guy that revels in other people's misery?

By far, I would say the general consensus is that NWA pilots understand the uniform change and will do whatever the rules state. If a 747 guy in NRT wants to buck the system, let them at it. I would love to see a DAL guy (retired or not) put them on an unpaid vacation. A little dose of reality for them would be good.

I am grateful for the $400 uniform allowance. I will wear it properly because that is what I am paid to do. Anyone who doesn't isn't being very professional , but then again I guess it just doesn't matter to a lot of people these days.

There is lots more uniform compliance in NRT than you will ever see in DTW.

The internal memo WE got said NWA crews to wear Delta uniform starting next Spring. What? There's some intel we got that YOU didn't know????? Wow. Hard to Believe.

BTW, If our a/c are to be in Delta livery by DCC......well, let's just say they better get to painting.

I was thinking the same thing! Besides, doesn't Delta have like 3 or 4 different paint jobs flying around.

Latest resources

Back