• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to retire 7600 pilots in next 15 years

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great. Thousands of regional captains waiting for this kind of hiring and DL wants to go to middle schools and offer to pay for training. Someone remind me what the last 15 years of my life was all about?

Apparently, making your FO's dislike you and over inflating you sense of self-worth as an RJ pilot.

Great. Thousands of regional captains waiting for this kind of hiring and DL wants to go to middle schools and offer to pay for training. Someone remind me what the last 15 years of my life was all about?

Honestly think that would happen? Seriously?

7600 is a hard number of age 65 retirements. Doubtful all will go to 65. The numbers I heard were 2200 will be over 60 by this Summer, and 4000 will leave within 10 years. (7600 within 15 years according to this article) If Delta doesn't shrink, there will be a shortage. Our current contract ends late 2012, so hopefully higher wages and better benefits will follow too. If AT pilots get SWA wages, that can only help our situation.

OYS

Are you serious? I mean really. You sit here and call SW pilots arrogant, and you start a thread like this?

This is the pinnacle of arrogance. You have really lost all creditiblity with this one.

Makes me laugh though...

Enjoy your outsourcing.

RF

Apparently, making your FO's dislike you and over inflating you sense of self-worth as an RJ pilot.

This isn't a popularity contest. If some of the clowns we've hired would get their acts together instead of looking and performing like they fell out of bed 5 minutes ago, this job might actually be worth something. I happen to think it's not a joke. Guess I'm from a different generation or planet or something.

So I guess us ol' 61 pilots who have 1000 plus hours the hard way will have to watch jr with daddy's money get in the front of the line again!!! And they wonder why everyone prefers to work in a cubical than put up with this crap!!!!!

If Arnie Kraby and Delta were smart, they would consider re-interviewing candidates that were successful in the interview but had the rug pulled out from under them by the highly intelligent and suicidal shrinks that Delta contracts with to either ruin an individuals career dreams or make them come true.

What? Another year and a half?

EVERYONE of them will go to 65. Dude your smoking crack, look at the economy...please. Your clueless.
It's you're. You're. You are. Not your.

God d*mmit, I'm sick of idiots in front of me. Get the hell out of my seat.

if arnie kraby and delta were smart, they would consider re-interviewing candidates that were successful in the interview but had the rug pulled out from under them by the highly intelligent and suicidal shrinks that delta contracts with to either ruin an individuals career dreams or make them come true.

+1.....

i dont think there's even going to be 7500 new commercial pilots the next 15 years. And that's just delta vacancy numbers. They are screwed. They will have to raise pay and benefits.

Latest resources

Back