Delta to put ALL regional flying up for rebid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Axel said:
The thread starter speaks true. The Father Bedford said as much in his weekly sermon to the faithful. Flying for all non-affirmed vendors is up for bid as of Monday. Delta is shopping price.

Has this been confirmed yet?

SkyNation said:
"I work for a non union regional. Being non-union, I make the same or more than my counterparts at similarly engaged regional airlines who are represented by a union, ever more when you discount their pay for union dues.

And why exactly is that? If it weren't for those other regional represented by a Union you wouldn't be making nearly what you're much ballyhooed W2 is showing. If it weren't for those other Regionals represented by a Union Jerry A. would have nothing to match and your W2 wouldn't be near what it is now. Any time any of those other Regionals represented by a Union gets some sort of improvement or new benefit Jerry is squeezed just a little bit more and must come up with something to keep the SkyWest pilot group just short of voting in a Union.

Vote in a Union or stay non-Union, I don't really care. Just realize that you didn't get what you have now because you're a bunch of swell guys or because Jerry is some sort of benevolent Saint put on Earth to enrichen the lives of the SkyWest pilot group. You got it because Jerry doesn't want a Union at SkyWest and will continue to give you just enough to prevent that from happening. The benefits you enjoy at SkyWest are paid for by the work and dues of those other Regionals represented by a Union.

shamrock said:
And why exactly is that? If it weren't for those other regional represented by a Union you wouldn't be making nearly what you're much ballyhooed W2 is showing. If it weren't for those other Regionals represented by a Union Jerry A. would have nothing to match and your W2 wouldn't be near what it is now. Any time any of those other Regionals represented by a Union gets some sort of improvement or new benefit Jerry is squeezed just a little bit more and must come up with something to keep the SkyWest pilot group just short of voting in a Union.

Vote in a Union or stay non-Union, I don't really care. Just realize that you didn't get what you have now because you're a bunch of swell guys or because Jerry is some sort of benevolent Saint put on Earth to enrichen the lives of the SkyWest pilot group. You got it because Jerry doesn't want a Union at SkyWest and will continue to give you just enough to prevent that from happening. The benefits you enjoy at SkyWest are paid for by the work and dues of those other Regionals represented by a Union.

Who cares how he makes it. He's happy and that's all that matters to him. I say more power to him!

ReportCanoa said:
Get over your little W2. Admit you work for a non union, whipsaw regional and your owners keep you non union for a reason.

What's wrong with not being union? What has has the union done for mesa's QOL and when they went up against Freedom, TSA against you know who, Mesaba against NWA, Have you seen Pinnacle's 2 year pay...$11 less than skywest. Has the union helped with eagles upgrade time? Aren't they all union and ALPA?

They're good for nothing except taking 2% and having parties in Herndon.

They give you bag-tags and cool stickers that say they've been around for 75 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha!

shamrock,

all part of competetion. I don't necessarily disagree with you. suggesting, however, that we should vote in a union to thank all the other union airlines for getting us where we are is just silly. we're competing against each other. if all the other regionals were non-union, JA would do the exact same thing, which is try to keep us near the top in a sustainable way that allows for future growth and opportunities.

bvt1151,

I typically BLOCK around 90-95 and credit anywhere from 100-115 hours. it's all about credit.

Last edited:
SkyNation said:
shamrock,

all part of competetion. I don't necessarily disagree with you. suggesting, however, that we should vote in a union to thank all the other union airlines for getting us where we are is just silly. we're competing against each other. if all the other regionals were non-union, JA would do the exact same thing, which is try to keep us near the top in a sustainable way that allows for future growth and opportunities.

Some people will never get it.....have a nice CAREER at SKW

SkyNation said:
(scratchy sound of broken recored playing, over and over)

........there is more to compensation than the hourly rates.........

all told, SkyWest pilots earn more than all or most other regional pilots. the true measure is the gross pay on your W2.

how are things at Comair? I don't want to see them eat it, but is the status quo sustainable? are thy stable? growing? adding flying?

This is completely untrue! Where the heck do you get your facts from. XJT has higher rates that Skywest AND a better scheduling section! Better 401K match as well. Plus more time off. BTW, I fly 5 days next month and get paid for 75. So stop waving the flag that Sky-no-union-fly-for-free-West gets paid more than everyone else. Get a back bone would ya!

bvt1151,

I typically BLOCK around 90-95 and credit anywhere from 100-115 hours. it's all about credit.

Ummm, I think he probably knows that, since he works for Comair and has better work rules than you ever thought about having.

1. How many days a month do you work to average 107.5 hours of credit?

2. How do you average 25 hrs of credit over your block? I can see 10, but 25?

3. Any other SKYW pilots want to call his bluff?

172driver said:
Ummm, I think he probably knows that, since he works for Comair and has better work rules than you ever thought about having.

yes, they do. however, like I said, is it sustainable? how's the future looking at Comair? what does a 2nd year FO at Comair make, I'd love to compare it with what I'll make. anyone care to post it? I don't care if he makes more, I hope he does, but it's exhausting to hear the uninformed on this board post over and over again how 'little' we make at SkyWest. it just ain't true. I seriously considered Comair. I'm glad I came to SkyWest.

1. How many days a month do you work to average 107.5 hours of credit?

by choice, only 10 or 11. I pick up extra.

2. How do you average 25 hrs of credit over your block? I can see 10, but 25?

work and scheduling rules-all without a union! imagine!!

3. Any other SKYW pilots want to call his bluff?
I'll say again, why would I lie? what do I have to gain? we've been over this again and again. I'll post again for anyone new to this argument. As of today, my BLOCK is 576:28 and my CREDIT is 791:40.

it's all about credit.

Latest resources

Back