Delta to put ALL regional flying up for rebid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lav Service

Not sure of the validity yet. According to DAL sector manager in ATL all regional flying will be up for rebid. Expect an official announcement tomorrow. Let the mudslinging begin! So how far do you think the race to the bottom will go this time? Afterall, UAL gave AWAC flying to GayJet. That's about as low as you can go.

Can the mainlines just take flying away from the regional carrier at will? I always figured that the contract (between the mainline and the regional) had a specific duration.

ASA and SkyWest have a 15-year contract reaffirmed by the bankruptcy court. So if this rumor is in fact true, it would be for every regional other than those two.

Contracts prior to bankruptcy are out, anything after bankruptcy is in. ASA and Skywest are safe, but Chautauqua, Mesa, and Comair will all have to rebid.

pb1900 said:
Contracts prior to bankruptcy are out, anything after bankruptcy is in. ASA and Skywest are safe, but Chautauqua, Mesa, and Comair will all have to rebid.

I see, that makes sense to me.

Thanks for the info pb1900 and sweptback.

Ahem...I believe the ASA flying is secure as long as we meet certain performance criteria.

I heard this from Skywest management and then from a friend at Shuttle. They both had said that Delta is not happy with Shuttle and Chautauqua and Delta is trying to find a way to get rid of them both completely.

Latest resources

Back