Delta to put ALL regional flying up for rebid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sweptback said:
ASA and SkyWest have a 15-year contract reaffirmed by the bankruptcy court. So if this rumor is in fact true, it would be for every regional other than those two.

No Regional is ever safe. If they really wanted to take flying away from skywest or asa, they would, contract or not.

CHQ is so great I wish I could work there. Can someone please give the number to HR. I want to be like all you nerds at ORD.

rickair7777 said:
Yeah, but their 50 seat pay is better than most regional's 70-90 seat pay...

LOL!!!

Comair's pay is $101 for a 50-seater (9% higher than Skywest), and $113 for a 70-seater (22% higher than Skywest).

Our previously agreed to pay cuts (which still were higher than Skywest across the board) are no longer applicable. If it weren't for Mesa diverting everybody's attention, it'd be rediculously apparent which airline was responsible for the pressure on all of our wages.

At least you're proud enough (not to mention stupid enough) to boast.

Erlanger said:
I heard this from Skywest management and then from a friend at Shuttle. They both had said that Delta is not happy with Shuttle and Chautauqua and Delta is trying to find a way to get rid of them both completely.

Wow maybe those tards at delta should have kept it ASA and Comair like it was before and like it should always have been, instead of having every regional in the country fly for them. What is delta up to now 6 or 7 regionals? Its funny when you go to some places and you see 3 delta connections all from different regionals in a town which has 1 streetlight and people wonder why Delta can't turn a profit.

Soverytired said:
Doubt it.

Mesa only has a two year contract to fly 10-12 Dash-8's for Delta, and scuttlebutt is that thus far, it's been a disaster.

====================================

Mesa has managed to answer the question most propeller passengers have:

Q: What could possibly be worse than this bucket of bolts? (Dash-8)

A: A B1900. W/O a lav or flight attendant. Lovely.
====================================

Sad thing is, this 2 year contract could have been a great way to show Delta what kind of service to expect from Mesa, and led to more business.

(Oh wait, I guess it DID show Delta what kind of service to expect from Mesa)

That flying should have gone to ASA or Comair. Just like all the ShuttleAmerica, and Freedoms flying.

Latest resources

Back