Delta to put ALL regional flying up for rebid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Erlanger said:
I heard this from Skywest management and then from a friend at Shuttle. They both had said that Delta is not happy with Shuttle and Chautauqua and Delta is trying to find a way to get rid of them both completely.

Ha! Ha! Ha!...................Nice try!
Fact of the matter - DAL isn't happy with Mesa, WASN'T happy with Shuttle, but since we got the fuel burn reduced on the 170's, they are happy!

Big loser in all of this (unfortunately) = Comair (DAL isn't happy with how the bk is going over there and is going to be turning the screws), also Mesa - how could DAL be happy with their on time and canx probs????

The thread starter speaks true. The Father Bedford said as much in his weekly sermon to the faithful. Flying for all non-affirmed vendors is up for bid as of Monday. Delta is shopping price.

From CHQ intranet:
OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE
Following is our system performance for the month through 8-17-06:

Delta: On-Time [A’14]:83.6% Completion Factor:99.0%

You try convincing yourself otherwise, TAWS. You sound a little worried. O.K., I stand corrected, Chautauqua, Shuttle and Mesa are all going to get the boot. There! you happy!

Not worried Erlanger, we'll just drop all our rates to 50 seats like you guys at Skyworst, buy Comair and take all thier current routes, then liquidate Comair for what its worth and continue to have a 1 yr upgrade. Sound familiar?

At least when we bought Shuttle(if you want to call it that) we brought them onboard. 2 companies one pilot list..... You nutless wonders at SKW are going to let your management push you into whatever agreement THEY want and ASA is gonna get the shaft!

Last edited:
pb1900 said:
Contracts prior to bankruptcy are out, anything after bankruptcy is in. ASA and Skywest are safe, but Chautauqua, Mesa, and Comair will all have to rebid.

Mesa signed the Dash 8 deal while Delta was in bankruptcy but not the jet deal.

ReportCanoa said:
Get your apps in pronto at Gayjet and Mesa. You can tell the chicks at the cantina you're a real Delta pilot.

Doubt it.

Mesa only has a two year contract to fly 10-12 Dash-8's for Delta, and scuttlebutt is that thus far, it's been a disaster.

====================================

Mesa has managed to answer the question most propeller passengers have:

Q: What could possibly be worse than this bucket of bolts? (Dash-8)

A: A B1900. W/O a lav or flight attendant. Lovely.
====================================

Sad thing is, this 2 year contract could have been a great way to show Delta what kind of service to expect from Mesa, and led to more business.

(Oh wait, I guess it DID show Delta what kind of service to expect from Mesa)

it all makes since. now since chq is getting crj's on board they won't have to buy comair they will just gradually take over the routes. just my 2 cents.

This looks like bad news for Mesa and Comair. I really don't think Delta is upset with CHQ; perhaps shuttle, but not the whole of CHQ. Mesa just sucks.
Comair has dealt Delta with a ton of blows in the employee negotiations arena. After the fight the FA's put up, they were still confident the pilots would still sign, but now that they've said the whole deal is off...

They may be wholly owned, but Delta can get it done for much cheaper at the new bid price, and deal the most militant pilot group in the regional industry a serious blow. My bet's on Comair being pieced out.

does skywest really fly 70 and 90 seats for 50 seat pay?

Latest resources

Back