Delta to put ALL regional flying up for rebid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SkyNation said:
I also doubt SkyWest will be awarded any of this flying, but who knows? I wouldn't be surprised to ASA with a CVG base, however. Don't you guys already have a large presence there in the A concourse?

ASA did once DFW closed and we had nowhere to put airplanes. That lasted about a year until CHQ came in and replaced most of the flying out of there with the spare airplanes they had from the closure of their FLL base. CVG A concourse seems to be the parking lot for airplanes that Delta doesn't know what to do with.

ASA now has very little flying out of CVG (about the same as what CMR does out of ATL), and we park at the C concourse.

SKYW Pilot said:
If ASA strikes, then Delta will give the flying to Skywest. We'll refuse to fly the struck work. Delta will keep searching til there's somebody out there who will fly it. I'm sorry, but it's just the way of the world.

Really? You mean that you hope SGU will refuse the flying to [sarcasm]protect it's pilots.[/sarcasm]

A little history for ya: We had a captain fired for refusing to fly a plane previously owned/flown by Comair. There was some legit concerns about flying a plane that we got from Comair, in some part due to the fact/perception that they had gone on strike. Sure, he was hired back.........eventually. Shining example of how SGU has our back. The knee jerk reaction was to fire the pilot, not discern why he did what he did.

Do you really think we can just refuse to fly anything previously flown by ASA (if they go on strike) in the current environment we find ourselves in? If the ASA pilots define "their" flying as theirs, and we picked it up............guess what? We're flying struck work, and at the end of the day, if SGU wants us to fly it, you'd better have a second job to fall back on. I don't want to go there.

AF :cool:

Last edited:
I would love to see the pilots of ASA negotiate a scope clause that has all flying done by Skywest Inc. to be flown by pilots on the ASA senority list.

The ASA pilots then could staple all the Skywest pilots on to the bottom of their list.

I would love to read this board after that, because this is the only place that the Skywest pilots could voice their opinions, on their future!

All the hiring that Skywest is doing and plans on doing is simply not for attrition and additional flying they will be awarded but to cover the ASA flying incase they strike. Skywest has already figured that it just needs to cover 1/3 of ASA's flying to keep Delta happy for the time being and to not take, too bad a financial loss. That number came from management, by the way. See, they're already talking and preparing for this eventuality. Delta has already summitted to Skywest the routes that are most important to them. It will be the junior guys that will have to fly the ASA routes. They can hem and haw, beotch and talk tough but in the end, they'll fly those routes. It wouldn't be considered struck work anyway. See, Skywest has got it figured out. It sucks to be junior.

Erlanger said:
All the hiring that Skywest is doing and plans on doing is simply not for attrition and additional flying they will be awarded but to cover the ASA flying incase they strike. Skywest has already figured that it just needs to cover 1/3 of ASA's flying to keep Delta happy for the time being and to not take, too bad a financial loss. That number came from management, by the way. See, they're already talking and preparing for this eventuality. Delta has already summitted to Skywest the routes that are most important to them. It will be the junior guys that will have to fly the ASA routes. They can hem and haw, beotch and talk tough but in the end, they'll fly those routes. It wouldn't be considered struck work anyway. See, Skywest has got it figured out. It sucks to be junior.

You'd probably be first in line to fly it, too.

Sinca3 said:
The Union's...

Exactly. Not Jerry, Brad, Ron or anyone else in SGU. But that won't stop them from telling us to fly it if Mama wants it flown.

Believe it. Do you pilots at SKYW want to do that? Not me. Time to do something about it.

AF :cool:

sweptback says...
You'd probably be first in line to fly it, too.

ReportCanoa says...
Too bad we can't send a Hoffa goon to Erlanger's house.

1st. of all; I'm very senior, so I'll never have to fly it. 2nd. I'm just stating the facts. I'm not saying it is a good thing or that I like it. I'm not trying to rub it in your faces and I'm not gloating about this mess either. Sorry if the truth hurts.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back