Delta to put ALL regional flying up for rebid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
brew3departure said:
For heaven's sake, though, stop with the W2 comments. It's embarrassing. Just admit what happened - management made an 18 month promise and they broke it. Wow - your group is not the first nor will it be the last to be promised something and not see it come true. Is anyone at SKYW pursuing the 18 month thing from a legal standpoint? Or was it just some sort of "verbal" or "gentleman's" agreement? I ask because I really don't know.

Take care,
-brew3

agreed. I only quote my W2 when people attack SkyWest and say how little we make (basing it on hourly rates). My W2 tells a different story and I feel like it's important to consider the overall picture.

The 18th month 'promise' meant, well, it depends on who you ask. I wasn't here then, but I followed it as it unfolded. Ron R. told the pilot group to 'deal Captain Holt an ace' so that they could get the deal with United. I've asked tons of guys, and no one says that he promised us a pay raise if we said yes. He implied that it would be worth it, that it would be good for us, etc. From what I've been told, many took that to mean that in 18 months, we'd get a raise. I don't condone the 18 month TA, and I hope to see rates split like everyone else.

SkyNation said:
I don't condone the 18 month TA, and I hope to see rates split like everyone else.

All the "hope" in the world isn't going to get you jack $%@#. If you want to see split rates, then do something about it and stop sitting around "hoping." Become part of the ALPA drive and get a union so you can make some progress instead of "hoping" for progress.

PCL_128 said:
Become part of the ALPA drive and get a union so you can make some progress instead of "hoping" for progress.

so that we can eventually go the way of all the other ALPA regionals? no thanks. you'll have to sell me with more than that.

SkyNation said:
so that we can eventually go the way of all the other ALPA regionals? no thanks. you'll have to sell me with more than that.
The way of the other ALPA regionals is the way it is because Skywest has always provided a non-union alternative. There would be no "way" if Skywest was ALPA.

But that might cost you your two-year upgrade. Who cares if it raises the industry wages and work rules while preventing hundreds, if not thousands of furloughs. At least you got yours, right?

Dang...so close.

bvt1151 said:
The way of the other ALPA regionals is the way it is because Skywest has always provided a non-union alternative. There would be no "way" if Skywest was ALPA.

But that might cost you your two-year upgrade. Who cares if it raises the industry wages and work rules while preventing hundreds, if not thousands of furloughs. At least you got yours, right?

Dang...so close.

Actually this is a rather naive point of view. ALPA has done nothing to prevent the whipsawing between various regionals. When I was at PSA there was horrible bickering between the various ALPA MEC's within US Air group (probably still is). The company plays them off each other. ALPA has done absolutely nothing to get together and get some solidarity among the regional carriers as far as I can tell.
In fact the mainline ALPA unit of US Air has allowed scope to be relaxed, their own pilots to be furloughed and then displaced the seniority of other ALPA pilots to give jobs to their own members. You can't blame any of that on not having ALPA.

Last edited:
SKYW Pilot said:
Also, like I said earlier, we (as a pilot group) made a really stupid mistake by voting in that "18 month TA." So we make one mistake. We'll make up for it,

Your one mistake will continue to have aftershocks. I'm glad you voted no. But your "18 month TA" is now like a huge festering zit under the skin that's not quite ready to pop, yet it keeps getting squeezed. Not a pretty sight. The dark grey cloud will rain on our parade even more when Delta gets their pilots to lift scope on your CRJ900's to more than 76 seats.

BTW SkyNation, AWAC's 50 seat rate is now higher than any SKW pilot will ever make flying the CRJ900, and that's our United concessionary contract. They built in a nifty wage adjustment clause.

Also, how will you 'make up for it'? Your mighty SAPA will exert it's force huh?

Weasil said:
ALPA has done nothing to prevent the whipsawing between various regionals. When I was at PSA there was horrible bickering between the various ALPA MEC's within US Air group (probably still is). The company plays them off each other. ALPA has done absolutely nothing to get together and get some solidarity among the regional carriers as far as I can tell.
In fact the mainline ALPA unit of US Air has allowed scope to be relaxed, their own pilots to be furloughed and then displaced the seniority of other ALPA pilots to give jobs to their own members. You can't blame any of that on not having ALPA.
It is even worse. The concessionary deal sold to the PSA pilots was done when mainline ALPA had knowledge that there were no growth airplanes to be had. Mainline management and ALPA entered into a conspiracy to cut costs at the feeders and use this as bargaining captial at mainline. It has been documented and will soon the subject of an RJDC update.

OH SNAP! This is getting interesting.

Bye Bye--Claude Raines

~~~^~~~ said:
It is even worse. The concessionary deal sold to the PSA pilots was done when mainline ALPA had knowledge that there were no growth airplanes to be had. Mainline management and ALPA entered into a conspiracy to cut costs at the feeders and use this as bargaining captial at mainline. It has been documented and will soon the subject of an RJDC update.

Classic negotiating tactics. Get ready for more G0Jets to replace us all - or concessions in return for growth. This business continues to tank........

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back