• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to put ALL regional flying up for rebid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
im sorry, but i disagree with taking pay cuts to get more flying and more aircraft....its what got Mesa in the mess they are in now, and the lower their pay goes, so does all the other regionals.

SkyWench said:
im sorry, but i disagree with taking pay cuts to get more flying and more aircraft....its what got Mesa in the mess they are in now, and the lower their pay goes, so does all the other regionals.

Might want to check your facts Mesa never took pay cuts for growth. Now that being said a substandard contract was signed to eliminate freedom. put there were pay raises included very small and in some cases none at all, but no cuts.

SkyWench said:

When did Mesa take a pay cut to get more regional flying? When did Mesa take a ever pay cut? They are not the higest paid, but i dont know when they took a paycut. Its everyone else that is taking pay cuts. Their contract sucks due to the Freedom A listers. Most that bitch dont know

Oh I did not see pilot772 post.

bvt1151 said:
The way of the other ALPA regionals is the way it is because Skywest has always provided a non-union alternative. There would be no "way" if Skywest was ALPA.

But that might cost you your two-year upgrade. Who cares if it raises the industry wages and work rules while preventing hundreds, if not thousands of furloughs. At least you got yours, right?

Dang...so close.
I can't believe I'm sayin this.....You nailed it!

SkyWench said:
When did Mesa take pay cuts? Mesa also has differential pay for the size of the aircraft. There is plenty to complain about regarding Mesa, so you don't need to make things up.

Last edited:
ttuite said:
When did Mesa take pay cuts? Mesa also has differential pay for the size of the aircraft. There is plenty to complain about regarding Mesa, so you don't need to make things up.

sure is, like all those freedom a-trash pricks. What pencil dikks!

Cloudroller said:
When did Mesa take a pay cut to get more regional flying? When did Mesa take a ever pay cut? They are not the higest paid, but i dont know when they took a paycut. Its everyone else that is taking pay cuts. Their contract sucks due to the Freedom A listers. Most .

Partially.

But mostly because our last MEC couldn't negotiate a "lay" if they had a million bucks in cash and were in the biggest whorehouse in Thailand.

pb1900 said:
Contracts prior to bankruptcy are out, anything after bankruptcy is in. ASA and Skywest are safe, but Chautauqua, Mesa, and Comair will all have to rebid.

Tell that to Air Wisconsin. If memory serves, they were affirmed by UAL initially, but got the shaft later.

This all just reaffirms my decision to get out of the regionals.

Latest resources

Back