Delta to put ALL regional flying up for rebid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
727PAA said:
So what's going on with the Delta flying rebid? Anybody know anything?
Nope, I asked the same thing earlier in the thread, but most everyone here is busy playing "mine is bigger", or slamming fellow pilots. This thread was nothing but flamebait, and it worked well!

Looked online at the CVG paper just now, nothing to report. You know if CMR had been told to rebid, it would be all over CVG media....

Last edited:
727PAA said:
The folks that are lowering the bars is management! Now we all know that we probably took the job from the first place that hired us...so stop pointing fingers! My paycheck is bigger than yours is so very funny...

Thank you! No union is going to save you guys from subpar wages. If ASA strikes, then Delta will give the flying to Skywest. We'll refuse to fly the struck work. Delta will keep searching til there's somebody out there who will fly it. I'm sorry, but it's just the way of the world. Are we going to fight for better work rules and wages. Sure! We want to bring that bar back up! We'll do everything we can on our end to make that happen. If it means voting in ALPA here soon, then so be it! But I'm just not completely convinced that voting in a union is going to be the magical fix all you guys claim. If anything, I'll take a hit on pay from dues. I'm finished taking the flame bait.

I agree. It is not my intention to flaunt my pay, engage in pissing matches, etc. I hope for the best for all of us, but I'm realistic about things.

I'm happy where I'm at. I hope ya'll are as well.

So, who is willing to do it for less? Not Me! This is a job, and like all jobs if you did'nt make the money needed to support your family you would find another one. Not one dime less, not less than 10%. Do you hear that ASA.

Good post Sweptback

This definately is a squeeze play on Comair. I hope Comair gets "their" flying.

Rumors are all over the place - 20 more 50 seat GECAS airplanes coming to ASA, more flying out of CVG. Who knows. The only thing for sure is that we don't have the hiring or IP's to staff those airplanes.

More rumors are that ASA Management is putting an offer to the NMB, which should get the clock ticking again. In reply the ASA MEC might be asking to be released.

Based on the only concrete facts that we know, I think Comair is getting squeezed and the information that ASA is going to CVG is a bluff. Classic whipsaw.

.... maybe SkyNation already has his Captain bid in for a CVG base....

Last edited:
~~~^~~~ said:
Good post Sweptback

This definately is a squeeze play on Comair. I hope Comair gets "their" flying.

Rumors are all over the place - 20 more 50 seat GECAS airplanes coming to ASA, more flying out of CVG. Who knows. The only thing for sure is that we don't have the hiring or IP's to staff those airplanes.

More rumors are that ASA Management is putting an offer to the NMB, which should get the clock ticking again. In reply the ASA MEC might be asking to be released.

Based on the only concrete facts that we know, I think Comair is getting squeezed and the information that ASA is going to CVG is a bluff. Classic whipsaw.

.... maybe SkyNation already has his Captain bid in for a CVG base....

I fly at Mesa and I back you Comair guys 110% our contract is up next year and hopefully we can do the job you guys did last contract.. Ive already been stashing my money and starting a home business in preparation.

Boy, everyone at AWAC can tell you this process is not fun. I hope that everyone learns from our experiance. It does not matter how much we make no matter what the Managers scare you with. The largest savings come from the leasors. Stay strong and good luck.

DD

I am getting kinda of tired of SkyWest pilots defending their current wages. The bottom line is SkyWest will NEVER have an industry leading contract. A union carrier on the other hand will. then SkyWest pilots will continue to say, "look what we have, almost as good as your contract and we are non-union"

Don't worry though, the union drive has just enough energy now that SGU is scared and hey will give you enough to divide the pilot group and keep a union off the property. That in turn will be good for you and the industry as a whole?

Bid

Fins

you really have it in for me (and skywest pilots) don't you?

as for me, I want nothing to do with CVG, LGA, FLL or wherever these planes will be. Anything east of, say, DEN, is too far east for me.

I also doubt SkyWest will be awarded any of this flying, but who knows? I wouldn't be surprised to ASA with a CVG base, however. Don't you guys already have a large presence there in the A concourse?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back