• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to hire again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, and no. I read a lot of the same things you do Nu, and subscribe to some of the principles, but I am no where this doom and gloom.
You sound like one of the guys on the ALPA forums. A FDL guy.

I do agree that the fed has no idea what it is doing.

Heyas ACL,

I'm not just reading it. I see a lot of "old timers" around my neighborhood who've made some serious cash.

These are guys who made money the old school way...starting out small, then pulling themselves up OR by picking up the family business and are 2nd, 3rd or even 4th generation.

We're not talking about the old man that runs the five and dime store...we're talking about car dealerships, construction companies, supply/wholesaling firms...50-100 million dollar a year outfits, the backbone of the economy. THESE guys are REALLY worried about their survival....for the first time in their lives.

The Fed is out of touch. They have no idea what is going on at the most basic level.

Nu

if we have double digit interest rates in six months due to inflationary pressure, we will all have a lot more to worry about than making our personal economic predictions on FI. i don't think it will happen, but i was dumb enough to become an airline pilot, so that probably says enough right there. i do agree that we are in a bit of a rut, but i am personally more worried about what will happen in 20 years from our ever increasing debt than in the next year. hoping for the best and watching the whole show from the sidelines with a bottle of makers mark. the life of a furloughed airline pilot.

The key will be future bookings. Most of my flights have been half full. I did a DFW turn and we were half empty. That make me think uh-oh, not good. We will find out in a couple of months what the company's decision regarding furloughs.

Until we get a Single Operating Certificate, from which side we furlough from will be up to the company. Who side will they park? Who knows.

My bet is that Delta goes down to around a 10500 pilot airline. I can show you the math on how I arrived at that number but that's another thread.

No hiring for a few years.

It was a guesstimate for both sides.

There is a lot in play here. See if they furlough now, then the would have to bring people back after SOC to staff for bid period 5. There are more issues than that, but the simple approach that most airlines take is not the case here. It depends on a few factors.

Time will tell but as I said yesterday loads are way off.

"The recession is going to deepen into a full blown depression, with out of control inflation. Expect double digit interest rates and unemployment numbers. Think 1977 except that this time even the rich people are broke."

Sir,

This is FlightInfo.

We have NO room for Reality on this Forum.

Please take your coherent and cogent thoughts elsewhere.

Harumph!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN99jshaQbY

YKMKR

Last edited:
It was a guesstimate for both sides.

There is a lot in play here. See if they furlough now, then the would have to bring people back after SOC to staff for bid period 5. There are more issues than that, but the simple approach that most airlines take is not the case here. It depends on a few factors.

Time will tell but as I said yesterday loads are way off.

Or they can cut more flying from the NWA side leading up to bid period 5 to bring staffing in line. This is more in line with current DAL (ex-NWA) management via history.

Schwanker

Latest resources

Back