• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to hire again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think that if your a flight attendant looking for a job then you might be in luck. I would like nothing more than to have new pilot classes again but I just don't see it happening. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer

Heyas,

Agreed. Despite what the pundits say, domestic and international traffic has fallen off a cliff. Oil could be free and it wouldn't make any difference. There are no passengers at any price.

The recession is going to deepen into a full blown depression, with out of control inflation. Expect double digit interest rates and unemployment numbers. Think 1977 except that this time even the rich people are broke.

My guess: Parking another 20-30 mainline aircraft, AT A MINIMUM, plus a WHOLE passel of DCI aircraft.

Furloughs later in 09. DAL side first, then NWA side 2-3 months later.

No recalls until mid 2011, at the earliest.

Nu

Heyas,

Agreed. Despite what the pundits say, domestic and international traffic has fallen off a cliff. Oil could be free and it wouldn't make any difference. There are no passengers at any price.

The recession is going to deepen into a full blown depression, with out of control inflation. Expect double digit interest rates and unemployment numbers. Think 1977 except that this time even the rich people are broke.

My guess: Parking another 20-30 mainline aircraft, AT A MINIMUM, plus a WHOLE passel of DCI aircraft.

Furloughs later in 09. DAL side first, then NWA side 2-3 months later.

No recalls until mid 2011, at the earliest.

Nu

The Fed is worried about deflation, not inflation. In addition to that, there will be no double digit interest rates. I doubt very seriously the fed will even touch interest rates until the second half of the year, if at all in 09. I am not sure if your post was a joke, or if you were being serious. No one knows what the capacity changes will be, but as far as the economics side, your info is way off.

Force Majure, baby.

Look around. The economy is in a flat spin, and it's heading out to sea.

Went to my favorite mom-n-pop for lunch today. They had 12 people in for lunch. 12. An this is in a metro area. People are hoarding cash hunkering down.

Pay off your debt by any means necessary. It's gonna get ugly.

Nu

Force Majure, baby.

Look around. The economy is in a flat spin, and it's heading out to sea.

Went to my favorite mom-n-pop for lunch today. They had 12 people in for lunch. 12. An this is in a metro area. People are hoarding cash hunkering down.

Pay off your debt by any means necessary. It's gonna get ugly.

Nu

But I thought the "chosen one" was gonna save us!!!!!!!

The Fed is worried about deflation, not inflation. In addition to that, there will be no double digit interest rates. I doubt very seriously the fed will even touch interest rates until the second half of the year, if at all in 09. I am not sure if your post was a joke, or if you were being serious. No one knows what the capacity changes will be, but as far as the economics side, your info is way off.

Heyas,

The Fed is full of crap, and everybody knows it. The reason there is deflationary pressure in the short term is that everyone is sitting on PILES of inventory, and they need to move it at ANY cost.

Once that is gone, say, in six months or so, the brunt of the "free" money rolling off the printing presses will just be hitting the monetary system. Inflation will go into orbit, and from there, warp drive.

Just to add to the meltdown: Some smart people say that gold is oversold, and there's actually not enough gold in existance or in the pipline to cover what investors actually though they had bought.

If true, and people figure out that the only "real" gold is what you hold in your hand, that's when the REAL panic starts, except this time, it will be completely justifed.

2009 is going to make '08 look like the 80's.

Nu

Latest resources

Back