Delta to hire 300 pilots this year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

BillL: U R wrong. If they don't work for Compass, they won't be in the top 20 of the new hires, and if they aren't at Mesaba they won't be 21-29.

And if 300 of the bypassers want to return, none of the above will be in there either.

A supposed survey went out, and only 55-60 have said yes so far.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ok all you Captain Obvious smart guys.....good LORD!

Of course, once all the bypasses, then the compass-measba mess.....then those 2.

FI contract police in the house

With no horse in the race, just thought I would say that Delta is advertising for pilots on the Georgia Department of labor web site. For those registered with the Dept of Labor it might be helpful. Others can view and apply as well. Look for jobs in Georgia, Metro 28 counties, under transportation. Good Luck......

If hired on, what likelyhood is there of getting assigned a NY base? How much flying out of Newark, NJ is there? IF assigned a NY base, how does that work as far as flying out and in? Do you leave from EWR and end up in JFK? I live in the NY area and am interested in knowing how a multiple airport base works.

If hired on, what likelyhood is there of getting assigned a NY base? How much flying out of Newark, NJ is there? IF assigned a NY base, how does that work as far as flying out and in? Do you leave from EWR and end up in JFK? I live in the NY area and am interested in knowing how a multiple airport base works.

If you don't get NY right away, you'll have no trouble getting it shortly afterward. Probably on the MD88.

As for starting and finishing a trip, they all start and end at the same airport. If you start at LGA, that is where you finish.

I'm sure you're going to have to fight tooth and nail for that plum assignment.

New York bases go pretty Senior industry wide.

LGA, EWR, JFK...Hell, people line up in droves to fly outa' those places...

YKW

Your kidding right? I always thought they were junior...

Ditto what he said. Sometimes (like I am on now) my trip started at LGA and I have 3 JFK layovers and put up in Manhattan. Living on Long Island, I tell the company I don't need the hotel and get per diem for the whole trip, going home every nite on the LIRR.

Yes I have seniority on the 88, but average less than 5 nites in a hotel by doing trips like this...

Latest resources

Back