• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to hire 300 pilots this year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has anyone else heard from Delta's Manager of hiring through Airline Apps concerning their updated questionaire? Not sure if that was a form letter from Airline Apps or from the actual manager of pilot hiring Captain PR.

Think it was sent out to anybody on file. You are taking about the yellow fever one right?

yeah, i had my hopes of it not being a mass email-oh well-Common sense told me it was a mass email even though it had the Delta pilot hiring guy as the sender. I am sure about 10,000 others got the email too

I don't think Delta has ever hired anyone with 1600/100 unless they were single seat military guys/gals.

Nobody gets hired unless they are qualified and competitive. We have over 12,000 pilots and I would bet that there aren't more than 100 that are women or minorities. Not much discrimination here so guys who can't get hired should stop blaming it on affirmative action.

so you are are saying there are .01% of your pilots are women and minorities?

A lot more than .01%.

That e-mail is just telling you that you need to get the Yellow Fever shot on your dime before starting class.

Has anyone else heard from Delta's Manager of hiring through Airline Apps concerning their updated questionaire? Not sure if that was a form letter from Airline Apps or from the actual manager of pilot hiring Captain PR.

Not sure I got that one. When did that get sent out? I applied with Delta for the first time about a month ago.

A lot more than .01%.

That e-mail is just telling you that you need to get the Yellow Fever shot on your dime before starting class.

Why? Delta paid for it for all the pilots on property except the DC-9 guys that didn't want it. Actually, Delta made us all get that shot whether we wanted to or not. That shot costs about $170.

Why? Delta paid for it for all the pilots on property except the DC-9 guys that didn't want it. Actually, Delta made us all get that shot whether we wanted to or not. That shot costs about $170.

not a Delta guy, but I got a fairly cheap yellow fever shot at the local county health department

No idea, but it does save money, and it stops dead in the tracks the pilots refusing to get a shot, or those that cannot get one.

Latest resources

Back