• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to hire 300 pilots this year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many Delta new-hires will be minorities or "under-represented" groups?

The black pilots and female pilots from Delta that sat on my jumpseat were all ex-military and flew heavies. Drop the affirmative action excuse...doesn't work anymore....

The black pilots and female pilots from Delta that sat on my jumpseat were all ex-military and flew heavies. Drop the affirmative action excuse...doesn't work anymore....

So you met the two with competitive quals? As long as affirmative action, ie, discrimination continues, its a valid point. As MLK said, colorblind society.

Last edited:
Hi!

LOTS of people get discriminated against, all the time. We don't live in Utopia, this is Earth. You can help by noticing it, and speaking up, and NOT just the discrimination you don't like...ALL the discrimination that you see.

cliff
LFW

From a check airman today...

300 total to be hired by December; 180 off the street 120 Mesaba, Compass, furloughed returnees....

Most will get an MD-88 somewhere (probably MSP or NYC).

4 women in my newhire class and all 4 had an awesome resume. delta is not united of the late 90's.

I would hope so. What, we have 6000+ laid off boeing/airbus/MD qualified pilots on the street ?

Now is not the time to hire that 1600 hour TT female (with ATP) and 100 hours in a Seminole

I don't think Delta has ever hired anyone with 1600/100 unless they were single seat military guys/gals.

The minorities and women I know who have been hired at Delta were much more qualified than I was and I'm a white guy. While I do have some issues with how affirmative action works in certain circumstances, I'm sick of hearing about it in regards to Delta hiring. Nobody gets hired unless they are qualified and competitive. We have over 12,000 pilots and I would bet that there aren't more than 100 that are women or minorities. Not much discrimination here so guys who can't get hired should stop blaming it on affirmative action.

interviews have been scheduled in early July, that's the earliest I've heard of.

On another note, Delta guys/gals, do your survey. It only takes a few minutes and % responding is an important element.

Has anyone else heard from Delta's Manager of hiring through Airline Apps concerning their updated questionaire? Not sure if that was a form letter from Airline Apps or from the actual manager of pilot hiring Captain PR.

Latest resources

Back