Delta TA-whos seen it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And you ask yourselves how well follow this;

SWA returns the 717's to Boeing to get a sweet deal on the 737 Max as Boeing needed a large order to get traction against the new Airbus 320. Delta leases/purchases the 717's from boeing along with Boeing taking up to 151 of Pinnacle's CRJ200's...which Delta owns by the way. Boeing will remarket them to some third world country as they don't have a 50 seat product themselves. Delta forces Pinnacle into chapter 11, gets rid of their US air and United contracts. Delta cuts a deal with Delta ALPA for Pinnacle to operate the 717's through some kind of CPA, perhaps even creating a "b" scale. What do the Delta pilots get: Top end scope, Pay, are the big ones

And you ask yourselves how well follow this;

SWA returns the 717's to Boeing to get a sweet deal on the 737 Max as Boeing needed a large order to get traction against the new Airbus 320. Delta leases/purchases the 717's from boeing along with Boeing taking up to 151 of Pinnacle's CRJ200's...which Delta owns by the way. Boeing will remarket them to some third world country as they don't have a 50 seat product themselves. Delta forces Pinnacle into chapter 11, gets rid of their US air and United contracts. Delta cuts a deal with Delta ALPA for Pinnacle to operate the 717's through some kind of CPA, perhaps even creating a "b" scale. What do the Delta pilots get: Top end scope, Pay, are the big ones

You probably already know this, but that's just plain crazy talk. No way we give away 717s.

You probably already know this, but that's just plain crazy talk. No way we give away 717s.

I'm not sure...What is the cost to secure your top end scope? Would you rather have some crappy regional flying a few 717's or let some kid in bamboo shoe's fly his A380 from JFK to hmmm let's see, all over. I'm sure most your senior pilots will choose more 777's vs less. Once again the price for this top end scope...just look at how Delta is driving the Pinnacle term sheet.

There are only so many senior pilots. DALPA knows if they relax scope and allow Connection to fly larger aircraft, ALPA will lose Delta to DPA.

How many Delta retirements are coming? Wouldn't take much for a junior guy to think... "once 65 hits I'll rocket up the list... it won't get me" the 60 Year old guy is just trying to max it out so he won't care.

717's going to Pinnacle

Unless of course they raise the age.

My DAL buddies think 65 did more to damage their career than scope did. They are sorely mistaken.

How about family "freaking" SCOPE People! Encompass the major regional players and the only way to get onto Mainline Delta is through one of their regional partners. Staple every last one of us to mainline and let the regionals sort it out amongnst oursleves for which airplane we swing gear to.

How about this. If Delta wants an 86 seat jet, they buy or lease it. Then they staff it with a Delta pilot. Then, and I'm just spitballing here, you have what we would call a career airline. Start small, end on something big, spend 35 years at a company. You want to work at Delta, apply at Delta.

Why an airline is paying an airline to fly planes for the first airline is comical.

Correction Pinnacle NOT getting 190's Rather these!!!

717-200
Basic Gross Weight 717-200
High Gross Weight
Cockpit crew Two
Passengers,
typical seating 106 (two-class)
117 (one-class)
Length 124 ft 0 in (37.8 m)
Wingspan 93 ft 5 in (28.47 m)
Tail height 29 ft 1 in (8.92 m)
Cabin width, external 131.6 in (334.2 cm)
Cabin width, internal 123.8 in (314.5 cm)
Max takeoff weight 110,000 lb (49,900 kg) 121,000 lb (54,900 kg)
Max range 1,430 nmi (2,645 km) 2,060 nmi (3,815 km)
Typical cruising speed Mach 0.77 (504 mph, 438 knots, 811 km/h)
at altitude of 34,200 feet (10,400 m)
Powerplants (2x) Rolls Royce BR715-A1-30 Rolls Royce BR715-C1-30
Engine thrust 18,500 lbf (82.3 kN) 21,000 lbf (93.4 kN)
Sources: Boeing 717 Characteristics,[35] 717 Airport planning report[36

Do yourself a favor and take a long walk off a short pier.

You, my friend, are the leading A$$hole in the state.

Latest resources

Back