• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta TA on SCOPE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Doubt it. Anyways seat miles is insignificant. That is a purely corporate finance term. Pilots concern with scope involves pilot jobs, which is determined by block hours. The block hour ratio requirement in this contract drives pilot jobs strongly towards mainline.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Seriously, is life good in that 777?

Real pilots fly airplanes with two aisles don't they?

He flies an RJ. One of the ones that could be parked if this TA passes. He's just smart enough to realize that the scope improvements in this TA reduce outsourcing, and increase his chances of getting a mainline job sooner. In other words, that junior RJ FO is smarter than you.

You mean the mainline one with "30,000 apps for 1,000 jobs- easier said than done"? That mainline job? I mean if you cant get that job, who can, right? ;)

If he does believe that, he's as dumb as you. (There:), now we've both "called" each other dumb.)
;)
The 50's were going to be parked anyway. The -900's allow the whipsaw market to be reloaded with airplanes that work in this economy and with fuel prices going forward. Mgmt needs these airplanes to keep the whipsaw market going and influential and DALPA's falling for it.

in the good old days planes like F28's the later the BAE146 and the like were flown by mainline pilots...the big mistake made by mainline pilots was to NOT staple or acknowledge the existence of regional pilots during the early stages of the "Eagles/Expressed" etc...now it come back to bite them, scope is an attempt to remedy this error, but the horse is out of the barn folks...anything over 50 seats should be mainline IMHO...but hey all the regional pilots WOULD be mainline pilots wouldn't they, except your own arrogance got in the way...enjoy it!! It's a great show for all of us to watch from here in the cheap seats...

No...Real pilots fly amphibs, taildraggers, helicopters, etc. Inflated egos fly jet airliners. With few exceptions, it takes no more skill or "piloting abilty" to fly a 767 or a A319, or a CRJ900. Thats why there are so many morons in this industry. Anybody can limp through the system.

You all act like you are so special and the company should bow at your feet begging you to work for them. You are pilots, not oracles. You are simply a tool that a company uses to produce a profit. Delta is not in business to provide you with a job. They are there to make a profit.

General, I will have to say the fact that you are reading this TA, soliciting questions about it, researching it, etc, rather than a straight no, solely based on one issue is nice to see. Maybe you are more of a rational and intelligent person then I previously thought.

As far as the 50 seat issue. While, they are being phased out, they will not even be close to this number by the date you all specified in the TA. Fuel prices are not and have not been high enough in the past few years to break contracts and panic. They will only loose a few here and there as contracts on them expire. Airlines do know its coming. United, I do believe is pulling E135s out of the desert. A reduction in the number of 50 seaters by the date this TA specified would be catastrophic to the regionals.

Go ahead and demand more from your company. With AA in BK and the other majors riding the edge of failure, you are playing with a fragile industry. If Delta is making an enormous profit, it helps to reduce their debt and make them stronger for the future. It will position them leaps and bounds ahead of the others, and promise job security so long as no more jobs leave to other carriers. If Delta has to dramatically raise ticket prices overnight, maybe the others will follow. Maybe they won't knowing business will shift their way because they are cheaper and Delta will struggle with high costs and lower demand ( a fight which can only last so long). I do believe ticket prices should go up a lot, but if Delta is the only raising the bar while United, American, US Air are holding it down, the bar will snap and guess who will go bust. The bar needs to be raised slowly and positively everytime.

Also, I understand its a fairly short term contract. By the time this one gets thrown back to the table, renegotiated and voted on, you may be working on the next TA if this one were to pass.

No...Real pilots fly amphibs, taildraggers, helicopters, etc. Inflated egos fly jet airliners. With few exceptions, it takes no more skill or "piloting abilty" to fly a 767 or a A319, or a CRJ900. Thats why there are so many morons in this industry. Anybody can limp through the system.

You all act like you are so special and the company should bow at your feet begging you to work for them. You are pilots, not oracles. You are simply a tool that a company uses to produce a profit. Delta is not in business to provide you with a job. They are there to make a profit.

General, I will have to say the fact that you are reading this TA, soliciting questions about it, researching it, etc, rather than a straight no, solely based on one issue is nice to see. Maybe you are more of a rational and intelligent person then I previously thought.

As far as the 50 seat issue. While, they are being phased out, they will not even be close to this number by the date you all specified in the TA. Fuel prices are not and have not been high enough in the past few years to break contracts and panic. They will only loose a few here and there as contracts on them expire. Airlines do know its coming. United, I do believe is pulling E135s out of the desert. A reduction in the number of 50 seaters by the date this TA specified would be catastrophic to the regionals.

Go ahead and demand more from your company. With AA in BK and the other majors riding the edge of failure, you are playing with a fragile industry. If Delta is making an enormous profit, it helps to reduce their debt and make them stronger for the future. It will position them leaps and bounds ahead of the others, and promise job security so long as no more jobs leave to other carriers. If Delta has to dramatically raise ticket prices overnight, maybe the others will follow. Maybe they won't knowing business will shift their way because they are cheaper and Delta will struggle with high costs and lower demand ( a fight which can only last so long). I do believe ticket prices should go up a lot, but if Delta is the only raising the bar while United, American, US Air are holding it down, the bar will snap and guess who will go bust. The bar needs to be raised slowly and positively everytime.

Also, I understand its a fairly short term contract. By the time this one gets thrown back to the table, renegotiated and voted on, you may be working on the next TA if this one were to pass.

Somebody GETS IT! Well said

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

What "should" happen and what is achievable are two entirely different concepts.

Latest resources

Back