• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta TA = ALPAs failure of representation for regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So with the yes/no percentages, you pooled EVERY pilot and feel you got the pulse on their overall reasons for voting?

Obviously not. I'm just saying that the TA had plenty of merit, and voting in favor of it was the smart move, not just a selfish move.

I find it interesting that the management everywhere is telling employees the same thing: you're too senior, therefore not competitive. If Pinnacle that actually has some 1st and 2nd year employees is not competitive, then who, pray tell, is?

GoJets. That's who we're all competing against now. The new kid on the block was very strategically brought in by Delta for this very reason. " Look everyone.....GoJets is cheaper." And it's true, they are. If that's the direction Delta wants to go, let them! They have lower rates, less longevity, less benefits, less soft time, etc, etc, etc. that is the gold standard that Upper Delta management uses to pound lower rates from everyone. The only problem is, those companies must slash costs from somewhere to be able to make some sort of small profit.

Delta pilot could make an addition that all new 70-90 seat aircraft will go to a wholly owned carrier. At least keep the flying somewhat in house.

Delta pilot could make an addition that all new 70-90 seat aircraft will go to a wholly owned carrier. At least keep the flying somewhat in house.

Why would any Delta pilot want to waste any kind of negotiating capitol on this especially after the Comair guys refused to endorse hiring of the Delta furloughs AT THE BOTTOM of the Comair seniority list a few years back. They finally agreed only after the new airplane carrot was dangled in front of their face back in the JC Lawson days. What goes around comes around.

Why should delta pilots worry about job loses at regionals. I do not believe the regionals worry to worried about us 5 plus year furlough guys. Were you when you went to work at 9 e.

We took as many as we could at ASA.

There is no conflict of interest.

Well that settles it then....The mighty Nevets has declared that there is no conflict of interest....Meanwhile the conflict will continue while you declare that it doesn't exist...

I would call it a conflict of interest if my interest's and alpa's were not same. If I am without a job after this, I would call that a conflict of my interest.

Each MEC negotiates their own contracts. There isn't a conflict of interest.

Latest resources

Back