Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyer1015

"
Delta Air Lines could save close to $500 million in engine maintenance, Bombardier CRJ200 ownership and Delta Connection contract costs if its pilots ratify a new collective bargaining agreement they are voting on this month, the union’s contract negotiating team says.

The proposed new pilot contract includes terms that would enable Delta to drop almost 200 50-seat aircraft from its network by the end of 2015—faster than it can under the current contract—and do so shortly before many of them are due for expensive engine overhauls.

If the agreement is ratified (voting started June 15 and ends June 29) Delta will save about $184 million in “above normal run rate CRJ200 engine maintenance costs,” negotiators for the Delta Master Executive Council of the Air Line Pilots Association said in a note to members.

Delta also will save about $289 million in Delta Connection contract and CRJ200 ownership costs, they added. That provides for a total net savings of $473 million over the life of the new collective bargaining agreement, which would become amendable at the end of 2015.

A union spokesman says the savings calculations “were aggregated from costing discussions between our negotiating committee and Delta management and published to our pilots with Delta’s permission.”

The negotiators’ argument in favor of the contract is that—on an ongoing basis—Delta will be spending more than it saves on items that matter to pilots, such as higher pay and growth in the mainline fleet by the subleasing of 88 Boeing 717 aircraft from Southwest Airlines.

Delta did not have any comment."

So.

Still no conflict of interest? Both majors and regionals can be represented by ALPA without any conflict? The best that ALPA at Delta can do is just 'ensure' that 35% of newhire classes have DCI pilots? No guarantee of a job, no guarantee of an interview! This TA, approved by ALPA at a major, directly will be responsible for job losses of regional pilots on 200 jets.

Go ALPA! I wonder how Comair and Pinnacle pilots feel about continuing to pay 1.95% for ALPA National.

Cue PCL_128 in 3.........2........1.......

When did I say it was a good job? I left because of the impending BK and fleet cuts. None of that is on point of the topic.

Regionals are contract feed and do not get say in what flying they do for their respective Major bosses. That's why I got the F out.

There is no denying that Delta ALPA will be responsible for the job loss of over a thousand DUES-paying regional ALPA pilots. I wouldn't be surprised to see a DFR lawsuit against ALPA.

There is no denying that Delta ALPA will be responsible for the job loss of over a thousand DUES-paying regional ALPA pilots. I wouldn't be surprised to see a DFR lawsuit against ALPA.

Why should delta pilots worry about job loses at regionals. I do not believe the regionals worry to worried about us 5 plus year furlough guys. Were you when you went to work at 9 e.

Latest resources

Back