• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta TA = ALPAs failure of representation for regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is no denying that Delta ALPA will be responsible for the job loss of over a thousand DUES-paying regional ALPA pilots.

Actually, there is plenty of denying that. Delta contracts with numerous regional partners, only a few of which are ALPA carriers. The lost planes could just as easily come from a Teamsters or non-union pilot group.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a DFR lawsuit against ALPA.

Well, obviously. I'm never surprised to see idiots parted with their money in furtherance of a frivolous lawsuit.

Actually, there is plenty of denying that. Delta contracts with numerous regional partners, only a few of which are ALPA carriers. The lost planes could just as easily come from a Teamsters or non-union pilot group.

But will they? I think they're far more likely to come from a group for which you are a group VP.

But will they? I think they're far more likely to come from a group for which you are a group VP.

I don't claim to be a VP for anything. Assume what you want. But I do sincerely hope that no airplanes are reduced from any ALPA carrier without those pilots getting jobs at the mainline partner. However, the Delta pilots can't make decisions on their own CBA based on what might happen somewhere else. They need to make the decisions that are best for them and the profession.

When did I say it was a good job? I left because of the impending BK and fleet cuts. None of that is on point of the topic.

A union should be protecting good jobs. Not low paying whipsawing jobs. Nothing new is happening here.

Did you raise hell when Pinnacle grew at the expense of Mesaba?

You're just seeing everything come full circle. For the last 10-12 years mainline growth (jobs) has been stunted by the cancerous regional industry. Now mainline is starting to grow and regional pilots are feeling the pinch because mainline carriers were growing their regional feed at an unsustainable rate.

Sucks to have your day in the barrel, but the bottom 20% of pretty much every mainline seniority list has been feeling that way since September 2001.

I don't claim to be a VP for anything. Assume what you want.

Thanks for the permission, but I don't have to assume. I just go by the mustache gallery at the back of the ALPA magazine which features your face prominently.

There is no denying that Delta ALPA will be responsible for the job loss of over a thousand DUES-paying regional ALPA pilots. I wouldn't be surprised to see a DFR lawsuit against ALPA.

Yeah but (yabut), 35% of all newhires will be ALPA DCI pilots!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yeah but (yabut), 35% of all newhires will be ALPA DCI pilots!

Yes, but there was no flow-through, which is how it should work. I'm betting that was DALPA's demand, not management's. The pilots there have always had a little bit too much of an ego about your hiring process. Letting pilots who have already been flying Delta passengers flow up to Delta is the right thing to do, rather than forcing them to go through an interview process just for the privilege of flying the same passengers that they've already been flying.

I Delta pilots can't make decisions on their own CBA based on what might happen somewhere else. They need to make the decisions that are best for them and the profession.

If only it were that easy every time there's a contract vote.

As opposed to the fragmented groups that ONLY vote for their own self interest.

More seats at the regional level? Fukc it, I'm senior, won't affect me.....

More regional aircraft allowed but HOLY COW, LOOK AT THOSE PAY RATES!! Look how much money I'm] gonna make!!!!!!!
(UAL contract 200/DAL contract 2001)

Let's see, this CBA isn't really that great, but I should vote YES since I'm gonna retire in a couple years so I want the pay raise NOW before I retire. As opposed to to it dragging out a few more years and [I/b] miss out on that money. Who cares about what happens after I get my money and leave.

I know you been around a while and have worked in various union capacities, etc. But if you don't think the mentality exists amongst ANY pilot group you're not paying attention. It's been going on since the beginning. Especially at a legacy level where there's more demographics and more division of interests within the pilot group as a whole.

Latest resources

Back