• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta TA = ALPAs failure of representation for regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is the language for Delta starting another SONG? Or creating another Compass to fly those 70 planes or even the 100 seater? Delta could say they are Delta pilots at another certificate? Don't get your panties all bunched up, its just a question. I have not read the Delta contract (its no longer a TA people).

you are totally right xjhawk, Delta could close pinnacle down and start a new airline purchasing the mesaba certificate that is still running and call it compass 2. They could place all 70 900's and hire all new pilots there and the rest of us would pound sand. there is just no telling what is going on or what will happen.

you are totally right xjhawk, Delta could close pinnacle down and start a new airline purchasing the mesaba certificate that is still running and call it compass 2. They could place all 70 900's and hire all new pilots there and the rest of us would pound sand. there is just no telling what is going on or what will happen.

The best thing you can do at this point is move onto a Major. It might sting at first (QOL, pay) but IMO, you will be happier and make more $ in the long run. I would not bet my career on a Regional (too much shuffling and uncertainty).

If only it were that easy every time there's a contract vote.

As opposed to the fragmented groups that ONLY vote for their own self interest.

More seats at the regional level? Fukc it, I'm senior, won't affect me.....

More regional aircraft allowed but HOLY COW, LOOK AT THOSE PAY RATES!! Look how much money I'm] gonna make!!!!!!!
(UAL contract 200/DAL contract 2001)

Let's see, this CBA isn't really that great, but I should vote YES since I'm gonna retire in a couple years so I want the pay raise NOW before I retire. As opposed to to it dragging out a few more years and [I/b] miss out on that money. Who cares about what happens after I get my money and leave.

I know you been around a while and have worked in various union capacities, etc. But if you don't think the mentality exists amongst ANY pilot group you're not paying attention. It's been going on since the beginning. Especially at a legacy level where there's more demographics and more division of interests within the pilot group as a whole.

This is exactly spot on...It is much easier to simply accept this fact of human nature (and specifically airline pilot human nature) then to try and change it.

I used to be an ALPA cheerleader too and tried to rally the troops to change behavior, but it became painfully obvious that was just urinating in the wind...The last straw was when I suggested we offer Comair pilots their DOH seniority as they were being drawn down and killed off by Delta. I was crucified...even by some of our union reps.

It's much easier to simply accept reality than to try and alter it.....

Again, those pilots already fly Delta passengers in airplanes that say Delta on the side. If Delta is ok with outsourcing their passengers to those pilots, then they can't complain about flowing them up as far as I'm concerned. Don't like the quality of pilot at certain regionals? Then you shouldn't be outsourcing to them in the first place.

Welcome back to the debate PCL...You sound very much like I did many years ago. The only reason this 35 percent hiring language was in there was because of the RJDC settlement.....It's token language to try and appease this side of the fence...

The true solution was a single list back when the PID was proposed....However that ship has sailed and now everyone just needs to accept it and move on...The conflict of interest will remain.

The conflict of interest is imaginary, Joe. It doesn't exist. What does exist is mainline pilot arrogance.

The conflict of interest is imaginary, Joe. It doesn't exist. What does exist is mainline pilot arrogance.

You have to say the first part of your statement because you sit at one of those fancy conference tables in Herndon now.....The second part of your statement has always been true...

The Pinnacle union is only concerned with the careers of the senior lifers. The top 300 or so. One of the biggest reasons the company is not competitive is because of how senior it is but the union will not allow their most senior to take a hit by themselves even though they have let the junior and the FO's take huge hits in the past while they gained from what was going on. Need examples? XJ 05' contract and the SLI. enough said. Time to leave.

I find it interesting that the management everywhere is telling employees the same thing: you're too senior, therefore not competitive. If Pinnacle that actually has some 1st and 2nd year employees is not competitive, then who, pray tell, is?

Latest resources

Back