Delta-Skyway announcement imminent.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rotorhead said:
Um.......ACA was a DelCon carrier before your strike. If you are going to beat your chest at least have accurate facts. Your hard won payrates were also based on our just won contract plus one percent.
Our territory..i.e...CVG, MCO. At the time, the Doorknobs were only in BOS and LGA. Right?

Yes, we did appreciate your just won contract. It took us a few no votes and 89 days to better it for ourselves. We also "raised the bar," which should have helped the industry. I sure hope ASA and XJET better our current contract. It would be a refreshing change.

I'm not beating my chest, just the fact's, ma'am.

JPM it was is in DCI best intrests to diversify the feeds to the hubs after your strike, DAL had to have some kind of feed protection. Thats just business. I agree having someone on your turf is not great especially if they do it for less. But as has been said by others I did not choose to bid on the flying my company did, meanwhile I am grateful to all Comair pilots for raising the bar. And I'm glad we the pilots at Skyway get a chance for some growth and upgrades.

Have a nice day
Jobear

jobear said:
JPM it was is in DCI best intrests to diversify the feeds to the hubs after your strike, DAL had to have some kind of feed protection. Thats just business. I agree having someone on your turf is not great especially if they do it for less. But as has been said by others I did not choose to bid on the flying my company did, meanwhile I am grateful to all Comair pilots for raising the bar. And I'm glad we the pilots at Skyway get a chance for some growth and upgrades.

Have a nice day
Jobear
Fair enough.
Good day.

ACTUALLY Skyway is paid more than Comair

If you look at how much each pilot is paid per seat, Skyway pilots are paid MORE than Comair.

Skyway 1st yr CA 328: 1.38
Comair 1st yr CA CR5: 1.2
Comair 1st yr CA CR7: .94

Skyway 18 yr CA 328: 2.22
Comair 18 yr CA CR5: 2.02
Comair 18 yr CA CR7: 1.61

Skyway 5 yr FO 328: .91
Comair 5 yr FO CR5: .82
Comair 5 yr FO CR7: .64

In all situations Skyway pilots are paid more than Comair pilots. Because both companies fly different jets you cant compare the $/hr per jet. You have to look at $/seat per jet. The company makes money off of each seat, not each jet. (technically you should consider average loads as well and if you did I still think skyway would be on top).

DCMartin said:
If you look at how much each pilot is paid per seat, Skyway pilots are paid MORE than Comair.
DCMartin,

I think what the previous poster was getting at is that Comair has no 32 seat pay scale on the books. So, either we would have had to open Section 2 and come up with a pay table, or, as the poster was getting at, fly the D328J for CRJ50 pay rates.

We, at Skyway, would like to make more money but please remember two things. First, Skyway flies a THIRTY-TWO seat jet - not a FIFTY or SEVENTY or NINETY seat jet so the payscale is based on such fact. Two, the current contract was one of the first post 9-11 contracts signed and it was during a financial crisis at Midwest Airlines (we are wholly-owned). There wasn't much the pilot group could do about a pay increase but, from what I understand, the current contract was an improvement in workrules. I wasn't with Skyway during the negotiations but I'm grateful for what the group did in terms of bettering the contract especially during desperate times. Hopefully, we can improve on the next contract that is amendable in 2008.

Like Jobear mentioned, please wish us well. All businesses are "in business" for two primary reasons - to make money and grow. We hope this deal will provide both.

Peace

SF

And here I thought we were getting all of DALs L-10s ;)

Pushed until December...

Don't know why or forgot what my source said (very possible) but the Skyway's procurement of the DoJo's is being pushed back for some reason...Until Dec 15th. Anyone know more or can dispell this rumor?

-TC

Not a rumor

Its not a rumor. The Chief Pilot said the Delta deal wont go down until Janurary. He also said that we will hold off on hiring until october. This was all said on the company message board.

Comair does have a 32 seat pay rate

we have two pay rates 70 seat and 50 seat or less. The dojets would be the same as the current 50 seat rate. Its in the contract.

JetPilot_Mike said:
DCMartin,

I think what the previous poster was getting at is that Comair has no 32 seat pay scale on the books. So, either we would have had to open Section 2 and come up with a pay table, or, as the poster was getting at, fly the D328J for CRJ50 pay rates.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back