• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta-Skyway announcement imminent.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, ten were Boston based until ACA made that announcement. The crews were still from CVG, though, I think. I hear 20 for CVG, 10 for MKE. Ten planes for Nov. 1 start in CVG. Haven't heard the timeline for the other ten, my guess is by March-April at the latest to be fully staffed. Then we can start taking airplanes in MKE. Those I suppose we're buying, and I'm sure we aren't paying much for them. I don't know why House X has been saying financing is a problem, we finally have the best money position the company has been in for about five years.
As far as the other three aircraft, I heard ACA/Indy would keep them for charter use. Who knows. I would imagine they will be sold.
Oh yeah, the ANNOUNCEMENT, must be by the 15th. I guess that's when the first bird is supposed to arrive.

flaps30 said:
The hold up is Delta's unsecured debt rating. SKY wants a proforma bond of 2 million in the event of BK, Delta doesn't want to put it up. If Delta goes BK the aircraft go back to ACA Indy and its all mute. I don't think you'll hear anything until the pilots give or BK is announced.
Moot. Mute means unable to speak. Moot means theoretical, more or less.

Your word for the day.

Maybe he didn't see the Saturday Night Live episode with Jesse Jackson as the gameshow host. His constant statement was "The question is MOOT."

Bye Bye--General Lee

"I'll take THE RAPIST for a thousand please Alex" :p

Jobear

Moot

vc10 said:
Moot. Mute means unable to speak. Moot means theoretical, more or less.
Actually, "Moot" means "irrelevant or without consequence", not theoretical.

It is from the latin phrase, "mootis hemorrhoidis", meaning to speak from one's arssholius.

Actually, that's THE RAPISTS.

Classic!

I'll take "anal bum cover" for 300 Trebeck (an album cover). And "Moo" is actually the sound Trebeck's Mother made last night. I love that SNL Celebrity Jeopardy stuff.

On a more serious note I have to second what Jobear said about JetPilotMike's attitude. It's really too bad he feels that way. When he says things like "you get what you pay for" he is really suggesting that Skyway will do an inferior job compared to Comair. It's sad because I'm willing to bet that he knows very little about the work ethic and determination of the Skyway management, pilots, mechanics, flight attendants and the rest of the Skyway employees. A lot of people have worked very hard for this deal to happen. He probably also doesn't understand what this deal means for us being such a small group (but in the process of getting much bigger).

JetPilotMike, please don't disrespect your fellow regional airline peers. We've all worked as hard as you and there are those at Skway that are just as proud of working there as you are of working at Comair. Skway is very deserving of this deal.

The day is mine Trebeck!

WillFlyFoCookie said:
JetPilotMike, please don't disrespect your fellow regional airline peers. We've all worked as hard as you and there are those at Skway that are just as proud of working there as you are of working at Comair. Skway is very deserving of this deal.
I'm not disrespecting you, or saying that you are bad guy or bad pilots or anything like that. You guys are getting the planes for the simple reason that you are cheaper. We were told we were getting those planes on more than one occasion. It's just further diluting the Delta flying. I know how the Delta pilots feel. All of the international codeshares that they have, the NWA and CAL codeshare that they started should be their flying. Just like the DCI flying should be ASA/CMR flying. This is a sweet deal for you guys. I'd be excited as hell if I were there. It's what..a 200% increase in your fleet size? Welcome to super-seniority.

Now we have 2 DCI carriers that are owned by competing airlines and 2 that whore themselves out to the lowest bidders. At least they aren't Mesa I guess (yet!).

JetPilot_Mike said:
I'm not disrespecting you, or saying that you are bad guy or bad pilots or anything like that. You guys are getting the planes for the simple reason that you are cheaper. We were told we were getting those planes on more than one occasion. It's just further diluting the Delta flying. I know how the Delta pilots feel. All of the international codeshares that they have, the NWA and CAL codeshare that they started should be their flying. Just like the DCI flying should be ASA/CMR flying. This is a sweet deal for you guys. I'd be excited as hell if I were there. It's what..a 200% increase in your fleet size? Welcome to super-seniority.

Now we have 2 DCI carriers that are owned by competing airlines and 2 that whore themselves out to the lowest bidders. At least they aren't Mesa I guess (yet!).
All flying should be yours and everyone else is a whore!!:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back