• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta-Skyway announcement imminent.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for clarifying what you meant JetPilot_Mike. I do understand better how you feel now.

You're right about the super seniority. Upgrade is about 6 months and maybe even less.

What about the flying your taking from DAL? I bet General Lee would like in on this one.

Ohhh GENERAL

Jobear

Last edited:
jobear said:
What about the flying your taking from DAL? I bet General Lee would like in on this one.

Ohhh GENERAL

Jobear
The difference is that we are owned by DAL. That is much differnet than being owned by Midwest Airlines.

WillFlyFoCookie said:
Thanks for clarifying what you meant JetPilot_Mike. I do understand better how you feel now.

You're right about the super seniority. Upgrade is about 6 months and maybe even less.
Thanks for having a good attitude. I will apologize for the whore and get what you pay for statements. I actually don't know much about Skyway, although I think I got some of my twin time from one of your pilots. But you have to see it from the Comair pilot's position. We went on strike to better ourselves and the industry, and since then we have seen ACA, CHQ, and now you guys move into our territory. We were offered planes for paycuts, and we held the line. We are profitable, yet we don't get the planes. I think we feel our "peers," as you stated, haven't done much to help us or the regional airline industry. At every turn we are underbid by pilots who will fly 70 seaters for low-end 50 seat rates...etc. That's why we are bitter.

Can you blame us?

Again, it's nothing personal. I guess it's just business.

I think I'll go back to the College Football post...it's more fun.

Has Comair grown at all since the strike? YES, and considerably! Have they gotten all the growth, NO!

Yes, comair did a heck of alot to uphold and raise the standard for regionals, and thankfully there works still stand. The oppurtunity that comair had to have a strangle hold on CVG and a huge web of Delta b/c of it, has not be deplicated since, at DL (XJT has this oppurtunity). Because of the strike, we have seen hub integration and no one hub is all one airline, and thus no one airline has the strangle hold that comair once did. This hurts bargaining power of course. So please if someone didnt quite meet your standard, in payrates at least, lets not call them whores!

Believe me, all of our causes would be helped if we would learn to work together instead of pull each other apart by this kind of stuff.

Last edited:
KingAirer,

You need to put this energy into building time.....way to bitter for a new pilot.
Peace to all your moms.

Waco

I was going with the second clause of (2) below.

Cyclonic said:
Actually, "Moot" means "irrelevant or without consequence", not theoretical.

It is from the latin phrase, "mootis hemorrhoidis", meaning to speak from one's arssholius.
Main Entry: 3moot
Function: adjective
1 a : open to question : [size=-1]DEBATABLE[/size] b : subjected to discussion : [size=-1]DISPUTED[/size]
2 : deprived of practical significance : made abstract or purely academic

How many Comair guys bought a job by pay for training several years ago.......? If you ask for 50 seat rates to fly a 32 seat airplane you are just not competitive. sorry. I bet DAL pilots appreciate you comair guys flying 70 seats....

metroplex said:
How many Comair guys bought a job by pay for training several years ago.......? If you ask for 50 seat rates to fly a 32 seat airplane you are just not competitive. sorry. I bet DAL pilots appreciate you comair guys flying 70 seats....
Let's see, about 55% of the pilots are junior to me, and I didn't pay for training. We have a ton of really senior people. I'm not sure when PFT started, but I'll say maybe 25% paid. Not overwhelming. I totally agree. We should have, and hopefully did, offer to negotiate 32 seat pay rates. As far as DALPA and the 70 seaters, DALPA never wanted to fly the 70 seater...well, until now that is.

Um.......ACA was a DelCon carrier before your strike. If you are going to beat your chest at least have accurate facts. Your hard won payrates were also based on our just won contract plus one percent.

JetPilot_Mike said:
We went on strike to better ourselves and the industry, and since then we have seen ACA, CHQ, and now you guys move into our territory.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back